Where does this pipe go?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Where does this pipe go?

Post by red_dwarfers »

I have this pipe on my '97 2.1 EPIC TD XM which as far as I can feel comes from the right hand side (as you're working on the engine) of the intercooler or radiator area. There looks to be a broken off clip type thing on the end. I can't for the life of me work out where the pipe is supposed to go.

Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Where does this pipe go?

Post by CitroJim »

That pipe Kev, I think, is the intercooler to MAP sensor pipe. If I'm not mistaken the MAP sensor is the square box screwed onto the bracket in the picture - the one with the grey plug on it...

Underneath it you should find a spigot for the pipe.

The 2.1TD Xantia has the same sensor but it is mounted on the side of the intercooler and only has a very short pipe...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
marty1979
My Cars:

Post by marty1979 »

I may be wrong here, but it looks like it's the boost pipe and if so it should attatch to the little black box near the centre of the pic?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Well that's two votes for the same thought Kev :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

If im not mistaken its the Turbo Boost pressor sensor pipe that should be connected to the Black Box in the centre of the Pic. :-D :-D

To take it a step further, it tells the ECU how much Turbo pressure there is in the inlet pipes, so it knows to UP the fuel and if its a Manual, give you a small shove ! :lol:

Is the car feeling rather "Flat" from 2,500rpm to 3,100rpm? If shes manual there should be a good shove (NOT to petrol standards) between these revs as the pipe and sensor does it work..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Thanks chaps!

I did notice that it was a little flatter than I remembered. I've connected that pipe back up and been on a test drive, it's how I remember it now, quite a shove 8-)
I think the phrase 'can't see the wood for the trees' might have a little relevance here.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair