XANTIA HDI...DRIVE BELT ROUTING!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moggy74
My Cars:

XANTIA HDI...DRIVE BELT ROUTING!

Post by moggy74 »

Hi,please can you help,ive just had the drive belt on my hdi xantia shread itself and jump off the pulleys.ive got a new belt (6PK 1735) is that correct? but im struggling with the route,it has a/con also...is there a pictorial reference anywhre.thanks
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Xantia HDI...DRIVE BELT ROUTING!

Post by citroenxm »

belt.. runs from the bottom of the crank to the air con pully, round the air con UP to the altinator pully, then round that and down to the lower ECCENTRIC TENSIONER... under and up over then up to the hp pump.. round the hp pump and under the upper spring tensioner and back to the top of the crank pully.

1735 may be a bit short, i need to do two of these but gonna try a 1740 belt
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

How did the belt shred itself? If it was by way of slipping across the pulleys in one direction rather than pure old age then consider changing the tensioner/rollers as generally speaking the cause of a belt slipping across the pulleys is one of them being out of alignment so it will do the same again if the pulleys are not replaced. The big incentive for you to take into consideration is that when a belt shreds it often slips underneath the bottom pulley causing the timing belt to jump and rather spoil your day, consider what's happened so far to be a learning experience/fortunate escape!
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You will frequently find the dynamic tensioner is employed on the "slack" side of the circuit - that is, immediately before the crank pulley.

Many driven components can impart shock loads, the most appreciable in sharpness is the AC pump, followed by alternator, followed by steering/hydraulics. The design (layout) idea is to reduce belt whip or stretch between the pulling force (crankshaft) and the stubborn item. Moreover, the second aim is to lay out the components in order of shock harshness so the greater the impulse, the less belt length between this item and the pulling force (crank pulley).

If you approach the situation above with such principles, it pretty much builds itself into the order described by Paul.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Here you go

http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami