DS3 questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ratheram

DS3 questions

Post by Ratheram »

Right, I got a DS3 Dstyle+ now, do at times regret the move from the Xantia but a couple of things to ask anybody with an up to date lexia or anybody in the know. Looked on the DS3CLUB website and not atall helpful and I dont really want to go to the dealers as I feel im wasting their time sooo

Mirrors fold in when car is locked. Makes it look gash when parked up with the mirrors folded in and anyway, there is a button inside the car to fold in the mirrors in. Cant imagine you would fold them in driving along so if need be, Ild use that when Im parked. So, can the folding in when locking be turned off?

Think the car has an auto lock. Well, know it has. Pain in the arse. Unlock the car, chuck a few bits in the boot, sort ipod out, empty pockets of phone/KEYS/wallet etc, (OPEN WINDOW I HAVE LEARNT or take keys with me) go round garage to get bikerack and bike, get to car, locked! Its almost like, if the car has been unlocked and hasnt been started in 2 minutes or something then it locks up, even though ive had doors open. Is this something that can be de-activated?

ESP. On the 1.6 Vti models, when turned off, it cuts back in over 30kp/h. On the THP/Racing models, turn off the esp, it stays off. Can I change that to stay off permenantly when de-activated? Its a pain in the backside. Go into a tight corner fast and it feels like the abs has cut in and wont let you accelerate through it and gets scary. I could get my Dyane to get through some corners quicker than the ds3!!!

Or is it me being fussy and facing the consequences of getting a lesser car to the great Xantia?

Also, a bit or common sence. The friendly dealer told me that I dont need to worry about a yearly service even anymore. Its now 2 years or 20,000miles. Nothing inbetween. So, a brand new car, in theroy wouldnt be seen in 2 years to see if it is all fine and dandy, working correctly and have a first service. Pretty stupid of you ask me. Would it hurt warrantys if I did it myself (I work for an independant Citroen garage, use genuine parts) like, 6,000miles then take it back at 12,000miles/1year for a free service. Yeah, cant get out of 3 year free servicing now, included in the cars price... bit strange an' all, 2 year service intervalls, free servicing for 3 years.... Surely its better not leaving it that long for a service?!
MTND
My Cars: Xantia 1.9td sx early N reg 1995. owned 17 years!
Alfa Romeo 916 Spider 2005.
Ford Focus Titanium X 2017, Nearly done 300 miles

Re: DS3 questions

Post by MTND »

Ratheram wrote:Right, I got a DS3 Dstyle+ now, do at times regret the move from the Xantia but a couple of things to ask anybody with an up to date lexia or anybody in the know. Looked on the DS3CLUB website and not atall helpful and I dont really want to go to the dealers as I feel im wasting their time sooo
Hi Ratheram
Welcome to the DS3 section of the FCF!! :-D
Ratheram wrote:Mirrors fold in when car is locked. Makes it look gash when parked up with the mirrors folded in and anyway, there is a button inside the car to fold in the mirrors in. Cant imagine you would fold them in driving along so if need be, Ild use that when Im parked. So, can the folding in when locking be turned off?
Not sure if I can help though as I've thought this as well, there must be a way to turn it off. Certainly you would want to do this if you were parking in a tight space and wanted to close them before gettiing out of the car and not reopening when you unlock until you'd cleared the tight space. Plus if its using the motor on the mirrors each and every time you get in and out of the car even though its not being started and the associated battery usage! As you say a lexia would be best, have you looked through all the menu's in the car?
Ratheram wrote:Think the car has an auto lock. Well, know it has.

I know mine locks again if you don't open the doors and the autolock when you drive away but I thought once you opened the doors it would stay open. You can deactivate the auto lock when driving away, that may be connected?
Ratheram wrote:ESP. On the 1.6 Vti models, when turned off, it cuts back in over 30kp/h. On the THP/Racing models, turn off the esp, it stays off. Can I change that to stay off permenantly when de-activated? Its a pain in the backside. Go into a tight corner fast and it feels like the abs has cut in and wont let you accelerate through it and gets scary. I could get my Dyane to get through some corners quicker than the ds3!!!
Safety feature I'm afraid they don't think lessor mortals with the 120 will want to have fun!!! :x :x [-X #-o

Ratheram wrote:Or is it me being fussy and facing the consequences of getting a lesser car to the great Xantia?
you should have done what I've done, kept both :-D, :idea: Sporty day? DS3 :-D comfort day :?: :idea: Xantia :-D

Ratheram wrote:Also, a bit or common sence. The friendly dealer told me that I dont need to worry about a yearly service even anymore. Its now 2 years or 20,000miles. Nothing inbetween. So, a brand new car, in theroy wouldnt be seen in 2 years to see if it is all fine and dandy, working correctly and have a first service. Pretty stupid of
I agree mines going to be done each year or say 6-12k miles, oil, filter etc don't like it not having a good look over brakes, tyres etc for 2 years?
What do other people with new cars think?

Enjoy the DS3 its something a bit special =D> =D> =D> :-D

Regards

Mark
1995 Xantia 1.9 TD SX owned 17 years
Alfa Romeo 916 GTV Spider 2005
Ford Focus Titanium X 2017
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Ok, in order to do anything on a DS 3 you need Diagbox, this is similar to Lexia, just more complex., you will definitely be able to stop the auto locking, not sure about the mirrors.
I seriously doubt you will be able to disconnect the esp, as it is a safety issue.
I have oly done one DS3 on the software, so not fully upto speed on it yet, as it kills my laptop :(
As far as the servicing goes, 20 k is ridiculous for servicing as you say, and I would defo do it every 10 max, it can only be better for the engine.
Changing the oil yourself is fine as long as you use the exact spec of oil, which I guess is C3 spec, and use genuine filters.
They will never know anyway. I change the oil on my Porsche every 3k miles, and still took it into the dealers.
At one time the factory fitted oil filter was painted a weird colour, but nowadays, with the paper elements, there is no way of knowing.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Here's a tip for the door mirrors on a C6, it's worth a try on a DS3
Yes it was me and you was quicker than me her is the tip:

Here is an tip to cancel the auto folding function of the mirrors. Good when/if they risk to get stuck by ice.

1.with car idling fold the mirrors with the button on the armrest

2.turn off the car

3. go out and unfold the mirrors by hand.

4. now they stay unfolded until you touch any button that has to do with the mirrors.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I don't know if this applies to DS3's but on many new cars simply pressing the ESP button restricts it, to fully disable it you need to hold the button down for several seconds.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
superbank
New User
My Cars: Citroen DS3

Post by superbank »

Hi guys. New to the forum. I have a question. Apologies if this is not where I should be posting.
I have a Citroen Ds3 2012 petrol 1.6. A month ago I had it serviced and all was okay. All of a sudden the dash board comes up with an error "top up oil level". I've checked the oil level and it is perfectly fine. I've done a reset but that hasn't taken the error away. No loss in power or anything.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the forum. My first suggestion (and is NOT meant to appear demeaning to yourself) would be to take it back to the garage that serviced it and ask them to investigate/resolve the issue. It may well be that (for example) a cable has worked loose (when they were working on the car) and the car cannot 'see' the oil level any more. DON'T tell them you have done any resets, as this gives them the option to wriggle out of their obligations.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

superbank wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 09:59 Hi guys. New to the forum. I have a question. Apologies if this is not where I should be posting.
I have a Citroen Ds3 2012 petrol 1.6. A month ago I had it serviced and all was okay. All of a sudden the dash board comes up with an error "top up oil level". I've checked the oil level and it is perfectly fine. I've done a reset but that hasn't taken the error away. No loss in power or anything.
On some models the oil pressure sensor can throw a wobbly if the engine is at a certain temperature when it tries to take a reading.

As long as you manually check the level you will be fine. You should find that the error will go once the sensor has been able to take a reading.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

superbank wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 09:59 Hi guys. New to the forum. I have a question. Apologies if this is not where I should be posting.
read your hand book to check how long to leave oil before you check the level manually. If it says 30 mins, for instance, this is to allow oil to drain down to the sump properly. If you check it instantly and it shows low you can get fooled into getting a false level. read the hand book and follow the instructions. If the manual oil level is correct then go for other faults.