C5 part number

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

C5 part number

Post by deano1970 »

hi,
due to my own stupidity, I now require a new maf for my 2003 2.0hdi C5... I have found one on euro car parts with the part number 5wk9628z..This is exactly the same as the number on mine except mine does not have the "z" on the unit. I just want to make sure it is the same,I put my car reg in euro car parts database and it found my red citroen,but it didn't mention it was diesel. Just want to make sure I get the right part,thanks for any help......dean..........oh, and this is the web page at euro car parts http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Citro ... f6d&000009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the description it says number of poles 6, does that mean number of pins in the electrical connector? cos the C5 2.0hdi on an 03 plate only has five of these connector pins in it......
C5 X7
citronut
My Cars:

Re: C5 part number

Post by citronut »

i personally don't trust ECP'S quality anymore,

if you give me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will get the OE part No. from service citroen,
then you can aim it at your local factors the likes of GSF,

or even try these people as i have found them the be very helpfull,

http://www.fpuk.co.uk/main/indexfuelparts.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regards malcolm
deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

Re: C5 part number

Post by deano1970 »

citronut wrote:i personally don't trust ECP'S quality anymore,
hi malcolm,
thanks for the info. I rang my local motor factors and they had one in, so I have tried that. Only probelm I had with fitting it is the electrical connector was really really tight and it cracked the casing on the unit slightly. I am going to put a load of insulating tape round it just to keep it secure,though the part has worked, pick up is now much improved to what it was and the anti pollution fault light and service light have extinguished. THe difference in performance is very noticable so obviously the maf wasn't performing very well anyway,even before I destroyed it with my big clumsy fingers. At least I knew not to go sticking my hands inside the new unit.....lol,regards,dean....
C5 X7