CITROEN XANTIA SUSPENSION REPAIR KIT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

co04pow
My Cars:

CITROEN XANTIA SUSPENSION REPAIR KIT

Post by co04pow »

Hi,

I would like to thank Roy Mackay from e-crofting for a great product with great results on my Xantia.

I recently bought a 2.0 HDi exclusive xantia 1 owner from new 110,00 miles. It was in very good condition but the suspension on the front was hard.

I just going to change the front 2 strut spheres and the front centre but I went the whole hog and changed them all.

The accumulator, front two, centre front, rear two, rear centre and anti sink.

This improved the ride but was still nowhere near as good as my 2.0 HDi SX was.

My 2.0 HDi SX did not have the centre spheres so this got me thinking as to the difference and how it works.

After a bit of research on this forum I discovered that the diodes fail in the centre sphere components causing the ECU to put car into firm mode.

I found the info on the e-crofting CITROEN XANTIA SPHERES? H II SUSPENSION REPAIR KIT:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-XANTI ... 2ea5803ac6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This works by replacing these components in line with the ECU wires under the engine bay rather than in the componets under the car.

I fitted it and the difference is amazing! Back to the magic carpet ride!

Highly recommended!!!
2000 W reg Xantia V6 Exclusive (Green)
1999 V reg Xantia 2.0 HDi Exclusive (Dark Grey)
2000 X reg Xantia 2.0 HDi SX (Dark Grey)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Citroën Xantia SUSPENSION REPAIR KIT

Post by DickieG »

Crikey £38 for two diodes that can be bought for £1 the pair from Maplins :shock:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH