xantia anti sink sphere seal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

xantia anti sink sphere seal

Post by lurchy666 »

hiya just brought a xantia 110 hdi estate and i need to change the accumulator and antisink sphere, i've done an accumulator before but i've never done the antisink sphere, is there any good places to get the seal from (the 4.5 mm one witch i've read about) or does the seal come with the sphere,

if not any links to a seal would be appriciated as at the minute i cant find any at the minute on the internet,

cheers in advance guys
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia anti sink sphere seal

Post by CitroJim »

Pleiades will do you one and a while back GSF used to sell them too. Not sure if they do now...

You can re-use the old one though. It'll likely be left inside the threaded hole in the sphere but if you very carefully tease it out and keep it in the same orientation and it'll be OK. Carefully remove any 'hairs' of rubber that might be on it (they come from where the sphere threads cut into them) before reusing.

I've reused both these and normal sphere seals on countless occasions with no trouble touch-wood.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Start the car up, get it on high, move the axle stands to the back jacking points, set the car on low, de-pressurise, stop the engine.
In front of the spare wheel, screwed into a cross beam is the anti-sink sphere. Unlike the other spheres you have, the hydraulic pipe screws straight into the sphere.
Use a 9mm flare spanner to get the pipe nut going, then hang the spanner on the nut and screw the sphere out.
You'll also need a 4.5mm pipe seal, which GSF sell, although you may be able to re-use the seal which is probably still inside the removed sphere, be careful extracting it if you're going to re-use it.
To fit the new anti-sink sphere, even though there is no recess for it, still use the new O-ring as it will help stop the sphere rusting in place. Fit the pipe seal to the end of the pipe, don't go over the flare, and fit the pipe in the sphere, turn the nut once to get it started, then fit the sphere to it's socket again turning just enough to get it started.
Hang the 9mm flare spanner on the pipe nut again and screw the sphere home. Nip up the nut and the job's done.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

i did try gsfs website but cant seem to find anything on there at the minute, i'm going to have a better look when off work on wednesday, i did find these while looking around are these the seals i need jim and xac http://www.eurocarcare.net/hydraulics/96085784.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , good to hear you can reuse the old seals if you are carefull, thanks jim and xac
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

lurchy666 wrote:i did try gsfs website but cant seem to find anything on there at the minute, i'm going to have a better look when off work on wednesday, i did find these while looking around are these the seals i need jim and xac http://www.eurocarcare.net/hydraulics/96085784.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , good to hear you can reuse the old seals if you are carefull, thanks jim and xac
They're the ones :)
You might have to phone GSF or go in store to get them to find the seals.

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

lurchy666 wrote: i did find these while looking around are these the seals i need jim and xac
Yep, they're the ones....

This guide will tell you all you need to now about changing spheres in general..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

thanks guys i'll get the bits and get the spheres done cheers for your help,
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Don't forget you need a 9mm flare spanner

DIY sphere tool
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

This site also sells seals

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

KennyW wrote:This site also sells seals

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kenny
i dont know if they ( Roy ) will sell 4.5 seals as there aint any on a Dersh (2CV)

regards malcolm
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

I stand corrected malcolm, they only seal the old 4.5mm seals for dot4 brake fluid.

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

KennyW wrote:I stand corrected malcolm, they only seal the old 4.5mm seals for dot4 brake fluid.

Kenny
Knny
i dint say they dont sell the LHM 4.5 seals it just the dersh only use's the 3.5 seals/pipes, unless someone knows diferent,

regards malcolm