AX blower motor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

3ps

AX blower motor

Post by 3ps »

Hi,

I am back to French car ownership after a break for a few years.

Just picked up a 1995 Citroen AX 1.5D Elation in a kind of turqoise.

Anyway, the blower motor is making a shocking noise. The Haynes manual says to just pop your head under the steering column and undo-it. Yeah right.

I have managed to undo the 2 screws holding it in, and I removed the pipe going to the centre console.

Now I have a mass of wires, and the dash fascia in the way!

I do not want to have to remove the entire dash, steering wheel etc etc

If I remove the two screws either side of the dash trim at the doors/wings.... and the screws being the cubby hole near the gear stick... will I be able to wiggle it enough to get it out?

If it's much more involved I might leave it for another day or get a mechanic friend to do it.

Thanks
3ps

Re: AX blower motor

Post by 3ps »

Oh the other things was that there were lots of wires/loom going into boxes at the back of the fusebox. I was reluctant to move these. Are these easy to pop out without messing with connections that I would have to document etc.
3ps

Re: AX blower motor

Post by 3ps »

OK well I got the blasted thing out!
I followed all kinds of instruction on removing centre consoles, wiper motors etc.

In the end I took out the fuse board and the relay holders and just managed to squeeze it out!!!

Yay

Of course, now I see my spare motor is the wrong one, it has a 2x2 connector instead of a 1x4.

Can anybody give me advice on the correct type of fan motor and what years/cars I should be searching for. I assume it is shared with other similar makes.

Thanks!

No looking forward to putting it back in either....