Rear arm bearings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davewithington
My Cars:

Rear arm bearings

Post by davewithington »

Went down to my friends garage today, with my arm bearing kits, put the Xantia on the lift, R clip comes out no problem, anti roll bar bolts unscrew - we're on a roll here.

Until.......the foot from the ram won't come out, it appears to be rusted in, and is the same on both sides. Any advice chaps?

I've dosed both sides with penetrating oil and reassembled, we'll leave it for a couple of weeks then have another go, and this time I'll use some heat from the heat gun.

My garage owning friend is very experienced on the BX - he did the bearings on one of his fleet last week - but this is our first Xantia
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Rear arm bearings

Post by citronut »

have you got both wheels dangling and system pressure released ,
once all above are present and correct using a smallish cole chisel with the blade between the arm and the push rod cup seat, but mind you don't catch the rubber boot,

then give the chisel a few taps with an ammer this usually frees the push rod cup from its seat in the arm, as they are usually just stuck with rust,

don't use heat near this joint or you will destroy the gaiter/boot as it comes right up the the push rod joint to the arm,

not really any different to a BX

regards malcolm