Stripping a seat down

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

imperial21
My Cars:

Stripping a seat down

Post by imperial21 »

as i have now posted in a couple places i bought a replacement seat for my car but its not right for my car :evil: Out of interest has anyone stripped an electric leather seat down because if the seat doesnt sell i am considering stripping it down as i want the seat base for my car.
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Stripping a seat down

Post by CitroJim »

I'm interested in this too.. I have a practice leather seat here ready to experiment on. I need a bit of it to repair a gaping hole in the bolster on Rattiva's driver's seat.

I have the seat but time has so far been against me. maybe if it rains on Monday...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
imperial21
My Cars:

Re: Stripping a seat down

Post by imperial21 »

would be interesting, i do feel bad to strip the seat but i will give someone the chance to buy before i try taking apart i want to swap the seat bases prefably just the leather cover.
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

There are different foams; from memory four variations to the driver's seat. One manual, cloth trim, then manual, leather trim. Ditto on the electric bases.

Foams for electric seats have different cavities moulded in them to accommodate different protuberances.

So far as skinning the seats is concerned, they're not too hard. Tricks can be explained if sufficient interest.
robin92
My Cars:

Sv: Stripping a seat down

Post by robin92 »

I can have some pictures on it:-D

EDIT!
Here you have https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8u2UN ... VMwQkRVOFU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My little collections of citroen documents:p

In swedish but you can use google translate or ask me :p

The seat instructions lays in Xantia->inredning->Demontering - Klädsel : Säte fram (Med elutrustning)
Xantia Activa 2.0 tct -96, Xantia Activa v6 - 00
Sorry for my bad English;)