dasboard lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tris

dasboard lights

Post by tris »

The last dashboard light which illuminates the speedo/clock etc has just blown leaving me with a black void in front of me when driving during the hours of darkness. There are no visible srews securing the console in place, whats the crack guys?
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Sorry Tris but what's your car?
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

what year is your car Tris?
if its a mk 1, then you need to remove the steering shroud, then remove the steering wheel, you will see two torx screws that hold the plastic trim on the bottom of the instrument consol, remove them.
On the dash to the right under the spotlight, alarm and isolator switches there is a plastic panel, remove that too. Look under the top of te dash where the intruments are and another screw is there, remove that, two screws hold the instruments in place, remove those too. Pull the four harness connectors at the bottom of the instruments and remove the instrument consol by pulling gently, the speedo cable stays in place on the dash.
BIG TIP, get about 15 new dash bulbs as you will need them and get before you start the job.
Put it back together in reverse order.
Good luck, I have don it loads of times
Paul
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

or try this
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=010812580
Seriously Wrinklet is right.
jeremy
tris

Post by tris »

sorry guys, was being stupid... My car is a '93 ax debut, so a markII. Does this make the process harder?
Oh, and before I take it apart, what type are the bulbs?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think they are small capless ones - they are on BX and ZX - you will nead loads so worth going to an accessory shop who will probably sell them loose and much cheaper than when they are nicely sealed in a plastic bubble.
You can also buy them ready mounted in their holders but they are easy to fit, just grip firmly and wriggle them out. If you are worried about breaking them and cutting yourself, use a pair of pliers, they seem quite tough.
jeremy