Handling

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tris

Handling

Post by tris »

My AX has had this problem since I bought her with 115k on the clock and now shes done 120k. When cornering at speed, if I hit an imperfection in the road the steering starts to judder and the car wants to go straight on. Also there is some judder felt through the steering when breaking heavily. Steering rack? Bushes? Maybe you have some suggestions for me as it can be a bit scary (and fun) cornering!
PS, the recommended gear box oil for an ax is £18.50 for 2 litres in cit dealer!!!
Tris
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Tris -
Have your AX tested for any wear/faults in steering & front suspension ASAP.
Strange behaviour from a car is ALLWAYS a telltale - never let go on such things.
Gearoils are known to be more expensive that engine oils - but why buy it at your dealer ?? - you allways pay extra for the dealer branding.
The AX is not a special construction - no need to consult branded Citroen dealers - any independent good garage would do it for you.
tris

Post by tris »

yeah, will get the car checked out asap at my local garage. The reason I bought the oil from the dealer was because I needed the oil asap and none of the local motor factors stock such oil, saying that they dont get much demand. Got a nice little blue bottle with french writing on though.[:p]