Xantia questions and stuff

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Xantia questions and stuff

Post by Northern_Mike »

jacksun1987 wrote:yep i maged to get it out and its in the glove box thanks. Cant wait to try it out.

What do you think about the breaking. With all the lights comming on. Is that suppose to happern. Neer seen it before
Well, if you're left foot braking, you're not going to be pressing the clutch down are you? So, you're going to stall the engine, or nearly stall it - this will make all the warning lights come on as the engine speed drops to stalling, where charging stops, oil pressure drops, hydraulic pressure drops etc etc..
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

ohhhhhhh. Im trying to practice kadince breaking. Its hard to do becase when you are in amergancey. Your brain says slam on the break. Which will make the wheels skid and you wonte be stopping.
My grandad did kadince breaking in his bx twice when i was in it. Used to stop it dead.
Ive notice if you over fill the hydrolic systerm the breaks are sharper. Becase the pedal was harder.
Mine was over filled ay first. The break was well sharp. But put it at the croecct level. And its not has hard as it was or sharp.
But still stops good
My xantia if you dont know is lower then a lx modle so it has no abs electric front windows sunroof etc
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

i have got the left foot controled a bit better.ill love to do heel and toe

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I found that left foot braking can be quite dramatic when driving trainman's and my son's automatics.