Sensodrive experts please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spandelly

Sensodrive experts please

Post by spandelly »

Hi folks heres a scenario you've all heard before. Three beeps, flashing snowflake etc. I have been told many things from get the codes read etc but its a very intermittent fault and doesn't come up with any codes.

My particular problem only occurs when the sensodrive is trying to downchange itself when slowing. It isnt releasing the clutch and is effectively trying to change without it. It is not the actuator as you can drive the car perfectly well when using the paddles and if you turn the car of then back on its back to normal.
So what actually controls the downchange. Is there a relay I should look for or is there a sensor. I have had the gearbox ecu updated last year. Any help would be gratefull thanks
spandelly

Re: Sensodrive experts please

Post by spandelly »

I only need to know what controls the downchange anyone please
spandelly

Post by spandelly »

Nobody :(
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I can't help you specifically with the Sensodrive issue other than to say that if it was my car I'd use a diagnostic tool (Lexia) to observe the gearbox operation as it was being driven, there may also be various actutor tests which can be done by Lexia which will assist in pointing a finger in the right direction. Reading fault codes is a very small part of using diagnostic tools, has the cars fault code history menu been accessed? This is different from standard fault code reading as this is a record of fault codes as they appear and are then cleared, I'd be very surprised if something isn't recorded there.

If you're anywhere near to the west of London I'm willing to take a look at the car using my Lexia.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
spandelly

Post by spandelly »

Thanks for the reply I'm in manchester myself but thanks for the generous offer. I haven't had them read by lexia but its a common problem that I have only heard come to the same outcome of changing the actuator (which can only be done by citroen as its a coded part ). Apparently they all come up with the same code of actuator faliure which is not the problem I have. There have been many people who have changed the actuator just to have the fault re occur within weeks so I was hoping I could trace the fault myself and put an end to mine and a lot of other peoples problems with a more specific answer. The thing thats bugging me is that the actuator itself works fine. Its just that whatever sends the signal to the actuator when the car is slowing isnt sending that signal so if I know what that is then I have a starting block to work from.