BX Rubber Door Mouldings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Roscoe
My Cars:

BX Rubber Door Mouldings

Post by Roscoe »

I need to refit the rubber door mouldings on my TZD and would like to know what type of tape to use, also what is the best way to clean the old gunk off both the door and the rubber strip. Anyone done this before and have some tips?
thanks, Roscoe
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

yep! there is a green backed foam tape made for the job. I buy mine from the local accessory shop, 02380 584240, (Martin). It is fairly cheap. White spirit will soften the residue on the body. which then rubs off, slowly. A wipe with meths before you put the trim back on and you're laughing. The trim, I scrub with a brush and fairy liguid, using white spirit to clear any sticky or stuck bits. If you are minded to pull all the trims, then scrub 'em all up, then cover them in Fairy liquid for two or three hours and before rinsing. this helps restore the surface which will now remain tidy after wiping with Armor all. The same technique can be used on the fabulously expensive door window weatherstrips, but leave the armor all on overnight and then wash it all off with Fairy next morning. They come up like new and stay that way.