Synergie rev Counter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thebear

Synergie rev Counter

Post by thebear »

Our synergie 1.9TD rev counter stops working occasionally. Its intermittent and seams to be a electrical problem. We were told that it was a bad connection between two wiring looms - but where? Anyone else had this sort of problem. We also have an airbag light that stays on. Any thoughts?[?]
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Rev counter pickup can be in one of two places depending on age of car.
Earlier types will be in the bell housing flange on the block (close to the RH drive shaft) later in the top of the gearbox bell housing close to the block.
Both types usualy have a brown connector near/below the fuel filter housing.
Air bag light faults are commonly caused by the seat belt pretensioner connectors under the seats, disconnect (ensuring the radio code is known) the battery, wait 15 minutes, keeping WELL AWAY from the airbag, disconnect the wiring connectors under the seats and spray switch cleaner into them, reconnect and unplug them a couple of times.
In the worst cases these connectors have been cut off and the wires soldered straight through, I did this on my xantia a year or two ago, never had the light on since.
If that doesn't cure it then the next place to look is the rotary connector behind the steering wheel, requires airbag removal and there are safety issues in doing this.
Dave
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I'm pretty sure that the pre-tensioners on a Synergie are integral in the seatbelt inertia reels not the stalks,that means there are no connectors for them under the seats like most other citroens.There is a good chance that it could be a faulty control ring like Dave said. you are aware that turning of the passanger airbag (if fitted) also brings the light on as a telltale ??