C4 Picasso HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

C4 Picasso HDi

Post by RichardW »

Picked it up on Saurday - a 2008 1.6 HDi 110 with 50k. Nice drive, not worked out what all the buttons are for yet - and it's only a VTR+ - there are many more on Exclusives with options!

Just doing a bit of research on maintenance, and I find that the air filter is over the back of the engine, and to get it out (unless you have fingers like Houdini) requires removal of the wipers, scuttle panel, sound proofing etc!! What a bonkers piece of design :evil: I willing to bet that this was not changed on the 'sales' service it received before delivery....

Guess I will be breaking the spanners out sooner rather than later then!
Richard W
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: C4 Picasso HDi

Post by Lighty »

C4 Picasso air filter is not too bad, you dont need to take the scuttle panel off. Just remove the 3 allen headed screws that hold the lid down, and the lid can be sneaked out and a filter dropped in, it pays to do the fuel filter at the same time. Make sure you get ALL the air out before you try and start.It can damage the fuel pump if you run it dry, and they really are unbelievably hard to change, I have done 1 it took about 10 hrs.
You should try air filter on a C4 saloon, or Pug 308, (same car), they are tighter than the Picasso.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Very nice, I do like C4 Pics, is it a Grand or a 5 seater?

Ive done a air filter on a 1.6HDi C4 coupe a good while back and it is a bit of a pain!

Watch the rear tyres on your Pic, a lot of them do like to eat rear tyres.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

It's a 7 seater - with 2 kids, when Grandparents come (by air usually as they live >400 miles south!) we can't go out in one car with only 5 seats :roll:

I had a look last night, the air filter has not been touched any time recently, and although pollen and brake fluid boxes are ticked at the 37.5k service, the air filter isn't (which is when it is due according to Citroen!). It looks a bit awkward, but no worse than the timing belt bolt down the back on an XUDT! Anyway had to buy new wipers as the drivers side has fallen apart in the middle (it's 32"!!) so ordered up new air and pollen filters as well. Job for the weekend perhaps...
Richard W
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Forget the air filter, the pollen filters are some sort of sick joke for a service item! Clearly a victim of RHD conversion - the first one got stuck half in half out and I fought with it for over 30 mins before I finally mangaged to jam my hand up near the heater box and straighten it out enough to get it out of the heater box. What a ridiculous piece of 'design'! Have you any tips Lighty - is it possible to remove the outlet to the drivers footwell? - I found and could release one clip but it wouldn't come away - however geting this off would make it easier. I think. Or is just the job given to the tech with the smallest hands - or maybe it's just an item that gets a 'sunshine' service....

Wiper blades were a cinch! Air filter tomorrow maybe....
Richard W