Retrofit Cruise control C5 2002

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

senmathal
(Donor 2022)

Re: Retrofit Cruise control C5 2002

Post by senmathal »

YES! Now it all works. The second brake switch was fitted in a wrong way. I missed the plastic ring and fit it in may on way but it was not in a functional way. the brake switch was always in open mode. When I got the original plastic ring it all work and it looks like it work without enabling it in the BSI. The only place I had programmed it is in the ECU.

/Mats
hmvt

Post by hmvt »

hi there,
I'm new to this forum and haven't even presented my car, but I needed some help related to this topic.
I have already bought the stalk and the red swith, the only problem is that I can't find where to connect this red switch, can anyone help me?

Meanwhile I'm working my presentation...

thanks for all the help
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

I have not done this yet hm, but as far as i know, the red switch sits either alongside / or in place of the other switch, at the clutch atuation rod in the passenger footwell..

I will do mine soon.. if I can get the switch from somewhere

someone else will clarify :)
john
hmvt

Post by hmvt »

I had to send my car to citroen because of a breaking anomaly.
But before I send it I was seeing if the anomaly was from the break switch (the white one) and I foud nearby a red switch. It's not in the same place of the one putted in the photo in this topic, but is on the side of that hole (I think I'll pick the car today and then I'll take a picture).
I don't understand to much of this car mechanichal, but from what I saw I believe this could be the Cruise Control swtch...
Tomorrow I'll mount the stalk and hope to get someone over here who can enable it to me...
If it doesn't work I'll have to find another way...
By the way which is your's centraline brand? Mine is Siemens, and I've read in another forum that ins Siemens centraline it's a little harder to get Cruise working...