Flea bay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Flea bay

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly, and it breaks my heart being an intrinsic truster myself, ebay is not a place built on any kind of trust.

If you take ebay as a big version of a Sunday morning car boot sale infested with Pikies and use it on that basis then generally you won't go far wrong and for the majority of the time you'll be happy as the deal will be OK.

My dealings on ebay these days are generally limited to 'BuyitNows' from people only with good feedback and who appear to be operating as a fully-fledged legitimate business. Rarely do I enter into an auction as generally the price goes silly and it appears the winning bid is made using an automatic bidding tool. The use of such tools I think is totally against the spirit of an auction and the sooner ebay introduce random auction end times to end this menace the better.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

I still think 9/10 people in the UK are generally honest - Sadly the world is changing fast

Epit is a double edged sword though , the grief you get from unscroup - unscrupu - Bent buyers can be greivous too !
I vowed never to sell a car , or anything else again on Ebay - but its the most accessible window to the world.

Given the amount of dealerships that are going armpits - up , maybe it's not so unreasonable to come across - or expect - as described - genuine software ?

There's nowt queerer than folk old - luv , as they say in Hoyland.

Citrojim sums it up eloquently ........

Bidding tools are commonplace , the best ones are paid- for , but rip off copies are on Ebay ! catch 22.

Ebay don't give a damn :evil:
merlin22red

Post by merlin22red »

civvie wrote:Merlin,
How much was this software.
Price was never the problem, the auction started at £12, the problem I had was the seller was giving the impression the software was genuine.
all i can say is I certainly will not be using it but if anyone wants the copy just PM me with a postal address or even a Po box number you can have it FOC, the disc has both lexia software and pp2000 it probably works but its not finding its way onto my laptop
merlin22red

Post by merlin22red »

All I can say Dippy is Hoyland my home town :shock: Daughter still lives there
Dippy wrote:I still think 9/10 people in the UK are generally honest - Sadly the world is changing fast

Epit is a double edged sword though , the grief you get from unscroup - unscrupu - Bent buyers can be greivous too !
I vowed never to sell a car , or anything else again on Ebay - but its the most accessible window to the world.

Given the amount of dealerships that are going armpits - up , maybe it's not so unreasonable to come across - or expect - as described - genuine software ?

There's nowt queerer than folk old - luv , as they say in Hoyland.

Citrojim sums it up eloquently ........

Bidding tools are commonplace , the best ones are paid- for , but rip off copies are on Ebay ! catch 22.

Ebay don't give a damn :evil:
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Sadly, and it breaks my heart being an intrinsic truster myself, ebay is not a place built on any kind of trust.

If you take ebay as a big version of a Sunday morning car boot sale infested with Pikies and use it on that basis then generally you won't go far wrong and for the majority of the time you'll be happy as the deal will be OK.

My dealings on ebay these days are generally limited to 'BuyitNows' from people only with good feedback and who appear to be operating as a fully-fledged legitimate business. Rarely do I enter into an auction as generally the price goes silly and it appears the winning bid is made using an automatic bidding tool. The use of such tools I think is totally against the spirit of an auction and the sooner ebay introduce random auction end times to end this menace the better.
I sort of feel the same way, but I also use an automatic bidding tool. It works both ways, I got stiffed a few times by shill bidders pumping prices up, so I paid for a good tool. I put in the amount I will bid up to. It puts a bid in 1 min from the end of the auction. I don't feel it's against the spirit of the auction really, I'd sit here and do the same manually if no such things existed. It just stops me forgetting..
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

merlin22red wrote:All I can say Dippy is Hoyland my home town :shock: Daughter still lives there:
I can almost hear your cogs clicking :-D There are more things twixt Heaven & Stairfoot ?

Off topic - no apologies this time m'fraid guys.........

I was having a wistful moment , wondering what might have been , and your username made me think of these kind of Merlins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ro ... n_variants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.airshows.co.uk/features/2005 ... in-hc-mk3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I entered the R.A.F as an apprentice with a lad from Hoyland , many moons ago , then worked on Platts Common for a Scania Agency some years later .........

Our eldest daughter - Amy - was a guest of 33 Sqdn last August - R.A.F Benson , She is making great efforts to become a member of the R.A.F Herself and is currently a Corporal in the Air Cadets. ( A.T.C )

It would be fair to say that as a Family we strongly support our U.K Military ,and are very proud to say so.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

continuing off topic, my new rented cottage has an airfield next to it! RAF Penshurst..
now it's mainly used by Alpacas but there are a couple of small stone military looking buildings around..
A little bit of history :)
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

jgra1 wrote:continuing off topic, my new rented cottage has an airfield next to it! RAF Penshurst..
now it's mainly used by Alpacas but there are a couple of small stone military looking buildings around..
A little bit of history :)
Significant History. Sadly a lot of R.A.F Stations are now going to the Alpacas :(
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I used to airsoft at Finmere airfield, and whislt working at DERA Farnborough I used to often visit Boscombe Down and have to sit waiting to cross the runway while Tornadoes did circuits and bumps. They had a very nice Lightening at the entrance gate if memory serves. I did always feel disapointed that there were never any Tie fighters parked outside the Empire Training School building :)

As for supporting our armed forces I believe most people find that easy to do even if they don't agree with the mission at hand (unlike in some other countries).
A few years ago we held a charity airsoft day for Help For Heroes, and raised over £4000 from about 100 people, most of whom were in their early to mid teens (some of them are now over in Afghanistan). Several UK airsoft retailers and even a couple from Hong Kong donated items for raffles/competitions.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

Xac wrote:I used to airsoft at Finmere airfield, and whislt working at DERA Farnborough I used to often visit Boscombe Down and have to sit waiting to cross the runway while Tornadoes did circuits and bumps. They had a very nice Lightening at the entrance gate if memory serves. I did always feel disapointed that there were never any Tie fighters parked outside the Empire Training School building :)

As for supporting our armed forces I believe most people find that easy to do even if they don't agree with the mission at hand (unlike in some other countries).
A few years ago we held a charity airsoft day for Help For Heroes, and raised over £4000 from about 100 people, most of whom were in their early to mid teens (some of them are now over in Afghanistan). Several UK airsoft retailers and even a couple from Hong Kong donated items for raffles/competitions.
Well done Sir :) Admirable work , that's when you find out who really supports Britain .

The Air Cadets have to be very self - funding these days , Amy's Squadron do regular charity work throughout the year in all weathers ( and thousands more besides Her throughout the UK ) .the rub is , due to cutbacks , they are trying to raise money for a new minibus to keep getting them to these events, again , local business and some of the big players in the supermarket world are very supportive - even though they don't use it to blow their own trumpet .

Those who abuse our society , on British soil - clearly find it not so easy to do ? :evil:

Even Fleabay supports HFH, as you know - good P.R but nevertheless welcomed. :)