ENGINE MODS XANTIA PETROL

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harry1975

Re: ENGINE MODS Xantia PETROL

Post by Harry1975 »

Ratheram , thanks for your post, interesting read :) you sound like me love your Xantia , as i said in my last post i was given mine, i would of never throught of buying one, but she has been one big pleasant surprise and i dont want to let her go
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

Ratheram
I just look at your photos of your car she looks good mate, done a nice job on her :)
Ratheram

Post by Ratheram »

Thanks :). Thats my pride and joy. Best car ever. While my mates are burning around in loud, uncomfortable cars, Im there in the total opposite. Just wish mine was given to me :/... I did say some things earlier in this post that might not make sense but I made a PFTE gasket as i fitted the aluminium Xsara VTS inlet manifold and the head is aluminium so it would have got a lot of heatsoak without it, thus, in effect, keeping inlet temperatures down. So the cooler the air, the better it is. The manifold would need extensive modifying to fit around the hydraulic pump mind you and isnt a 5minute job to do. While it was apart to make it fit, might aswell do it properly.
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

Harry1975 wrote:it does do 0-60 in 8 seconds, ive timed it so has the mrs and mates its a 16v, im not talking (-expletive removed-) :) she will hit 60+ in second gear, though i do change it to 3rd before. it all in how you drive and get it off the start :lol:

How are you timing it? Also, 60mph indicated on the speedo wont actually be 60mph, it'll be slightly less.

Put it this way, when I had my old Rover 416, I went head to head with the Xantia 1.8 16v SX, and it could not out accelerate my Rover - which had a 0-60 time of approx 10 seconds.

I am not saying the 1.8 16v Xant is slow, but 8 seconds is unrealistic. Heck even the 2.0 TURBO Activa wont get to 60mph in 8 seconds.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

ashy90 wrote:
Harry1975 wrote:it does do 0-60 in 8 seconds, ive timed it so has the mrs and mates its a 16v, im not talking (-expletive removed-) :) she will hit 60+ in second gear, though i do change it to 3rd before. it all in how you drive and get it off the start :lol:

How are you timing it? Also, 60mph indicated on the speedo wont actually be 60mph, it'll be slightly less.

Put it this way, when I had my old Rover 416, I went head to head with the Xantia 1.8 16v SX, and it could not out accelerate my Rover - which had a 0-60 time of approx 10 seconds.

I am not saying the 1.8 16v Xant is slow, but 8 seconds is unrealistic. Heck even the 2.0 TURBO Activa wont get to 60mph in 8 seconds.
There is NO WAY a 1.8 16v Xantia comes anywhere near 8 seconds, even tuned up a bit.

The only standard Xantia to come close to 8 seconds is the V6 Activa (manual gearbox)

According to this site:

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 1.8i 16v does 0-60 in 11.4 seconds. The V6 automatic does 0-60 in 9.2 seconds and the V6 manual (Activa) does 0-60 in 7.8 seconds. (For some reason that site doesn't list the 2 litre turbo Activa)

A case of wishful thinking methinks. :roll: :lol:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

Mandrake wrote:
ashy90 wrote:

There is NO WAY a 1.8 16v Xantia comes anywhere near 8 seconds, even tuned up a bit.

The only standard Xantia to come close to 8 seconds is the V6 Activa (manual gearbox)

According to this site:

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 1.8i 16v does 0-60 in 11.4 seconds. The V6 automatic does 0-60 in 9.2 seconds and the V6 manual (Activa) does 0-60 in 7.8 seconds. (For some reason that site doesn't list the 2 litre turbo Activa)

A case of wishful thinking methinks. :roll: :lol:
Glad its not just me thats thinking straight :lol:
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

well people timed 0 to 60 today and i was wrong its 9 seconds , 9.18 to be exact . all cars are different, people never believe a book speed. some engines just go ,while others dont ! My best mate has an EVO 8 and he has driven my car and was surprised by her , his Evo does 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds. Looks like ive upset a few and rattled few cages ,im just proud of my beat up Xantia and enjoying every minute of running her into the ground and giving her a good send off by driving her hard, as she has only had the normal old man owners that dont use her power (sorry if that upsets a few, but it is an old mans car ). well its an 1.8 16v so im using that. I have money aside to buy my next Xantia , think it will be 2.0 16v or the 1.8 turbo next. might even go down the Diesel next as you can chip and mod them.

Happy driving my fellow Xantia owners :) =D>