C5 Bluetooth myth or fact

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zipdip

C5 Bluetooth myth or fact

Post by zipdip »

Hi I have a C5 vtr+ 1800 of 2009 vintage,has it got Bluetooth or not ? I have the telephone symbol on the steering wheel and it gives details in the handbook that seems to say it has it but I have been trying for a couple of days to pair my Nokia phone which searches but says it cannot find Bluetooth. :P
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Re: C5 Bluetooth myth or fact

Post by Trainman »

It might be a case of the Bluetooth needing to be 'enabled' I'm not sure.......

I'm guessing that you have tried both ways with the Bluetooth? car to phone and phone to car.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
whatdoesthisbuttondo

Post by whatdoesthisbuttondo »

Does it show the bluetooth symbol on the screen?
Mines a bit different as its a +NAV, but it connected straight away.........frightened the life out of the wife the first time it rang!
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Not sure if they all had bluetooth. I have a +Nav and it works really well.

My 2010 brochure says the +Nav has it, the VTR does not. There is a connecting box (aftermarket extra, I think about £160 fitted) which gives you BT and USB for music player, in my other cars(s) I get on very well with a handfree that clips on the sun visor. Got a very good Samsung on in a Vodafone shop for less than £40, battery lasts for weeks then you recharge.

Try this. On the phone find the bluetooth menu and make sure it is on, then set it to visible (ideally visible temporary, most phones have that). Then start the car, it should find it. After that it should be automatic even if bt is set back to hidden. Let the car find the vsible phone, not the phone find the car. From time to time, maybe every few weeks, mine fails to connect, but making the phone visible again sorts it out.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
zipdip

Post by zipdip »

thanks for the replies,I will try your suggestions,if all else fails I will pair my phone to my ear reciever,it was just the novel idea of having the car do it,Richard C I suspect is from my generation mk1 cortina owner I had a 65 reg and Trainman has a C6 which I did consider but could not find one cheap enough,the puzzle is how can a C6 2005 vintage be deceased?,I know alot of people on this site keep old Citroens running but I have to say the cars made by all makers in the 70s/80s were mostly rubbish,the list is endless of models that rusted before your eyes engines needed reboring at 80,000 miles,and the handling of a brick,the few that stick in my mind were the Morris Ital which would not go round corners and the Vauxhall viva which rusted so bad it was scrapped after about 10 years,but these days you have to search hard to find a bad car everybody has raised there game and from about 96 all the cars are anti rust so that is almost a thing of the past thank god,I have owned one C5 before it was the V6 Exclusive petrol 2001,it was a money pit the hyd pump blew 40 amp fuses so that was why I bought a non air C5 this time must say I am impressed with it maybe Citroen have learnt how to do electrics time will tell.
Best Regards
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
fifth_cit
My Cars:

Post by fifth_cit »

Myth on mine I'm afraid.
I tried pairing my Samsung without success even though my Radio as shown in the book says it it Bluetooth compatible.
When I press the menu button on the steering wheel, I don't get the bluetooth options so guess it hasn't been switched on.
Incidentally you have to have the radio switched on the get to the radio options from the menu so maybe its the same for the bluetooth options.
regards Keith
C5 III Tourer 2.0HDi SX
Previous Citroens:-
05 C5 Facelift VTR 2.0Hdi
03 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
51 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
96 Xantia LX TD
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

zipdip wrote:the puzzle is how can a C6 2005 vintage be deceased?
That my dear fellow is easily answered, you can find the whole story here: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 14&t=27969" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve

zipdip

Post by zipdip »

thanks for that Trainman that posting of yours kept me going for two hours on Saturday night I never thought I would ever find out what happened to the C6 ,shame it had to end that way,on a side issue I read you and others got little mileage from the tyres and you bought budget ones,I also found that mileage was the big problem with V6 C5 Exclusive 2001 reg,so with my 2009 C5 I found a cracking tyre which is well worth considering,they are so good there is a brand new Continental in the boot and it will stay there,these tyres are not easy to find but there is a mob on the net who sell them and you get a mobile fitter to come round your house ,this worked well for me as a mobile fitter lives only two streets away,the name of these tyres are Marshal Matrac the C5 is 17inch and I found the tyres at around £80 each,the tyres come from Canada and are far better than the premium rubber fitted as standard on the c5,by the way my c5 is the same colour as your deceased c6,I think it is a great colour,I will get a c6 when I move and get a bigger garage,so that I can spend time putting the faults right and it will be a second car so will not be under the cosh to get it fixed quickly :P
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Marshal have a nice, clean, simple and interesting website.
I see they have dealers quite close to me so may consider them next time I need tyres. Just had some Kumhos fitted last week.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

I was trawlling through some stuff this morning and found a guide to setting up bluetooth for the older C5, I'm guessing the the principal's are the same..................... anyway here's a link to the info: http://s661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... tooth%201/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve