Flatspot at 2K RPM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Beechy
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2.0 HDI 2009 (current)
Peugeot 306 2.0HDI
Citroen C5 Estate 2.0 HDI 2003

Flatspot at 2K RPM

Post by Beechy »

Hi, I have a 52 pate 2.0 HDI C5 tourer and I am experiencing a flat spot at around 2 - 2.5K rpm once above this all seems OK.
Has anyone else experienced this and how did you overcome it?
Cheers
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Flatspot at 2K RPM

Post by CitroJim »

Has it a tuning box fitted? If it has then disconnect it as a first step and return to normal.

Also, have a look at the intercooler and see if it's airtight. leaks in the intercoler, which I believe can be common on a C5, give themselves away by leaving an oily patch at the bottom of the intercooler.

Else that then a Lexia diagnosis will be a good next step.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Beechy
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2.0 HDI 2009 (current)
Peugeot 306 2.0HDI
Citroen C5 Estate 2.0 HDI 2003

Post by Beechy »

Hi CitroJim, no tuning box fitted and I will have a look a round the intercooler tomorrow in the daylight.

I think the car may have been a rental car at some stage as it has an AA Fleet Card stuck to the front windscreen. Could it have been detuned, remapped, perhaps, to avoid blowing the engine?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Beechy wrote:Could it have been detuned, remapped, perhaps, to avoid blowing the engine?
Very unlikely I'd think, the 2.0 HDi is practically bombproof. Even the most wild of rentees would have trouble hurting one...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...