C5 particulate filter and additive tank

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

merlin22red

C5 particulate filter and additive tank

Post by merlin22red »

For the last two weeks, my C5 2.2 HDi has been in and out of the independent garage like a flamin yo yo, firstly to have the codes read as my maxiscan 509 doesn't want to know, and the additive tank re-set. For some reason or other the (insert foul language here) will not re set, firstly it was the tank sensors faulty, fitted replacement tank, then a faulty filler cap, fitted new cap, now it seems the fault lays in the additive ecu,
question 1 where on earth is the ecu located, and question 2 is the ECU safe program any good for removing the system, software. as a last option [-o<
at the moment I have a galletto 1260 now waiting for some pp2000 and Lexia discs arriving.
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: C5 particulate filter and additive tank

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Sorry not sure about where the ecu is.
However Ecusafe does remove references to the DPF, and also egr too, if you want it to. You'll need the Galletto to upload / download the modded file. If you look on other threads you'll see some debate as to whether or not you'll also need Lexia to uncheck BSI options. I haven't used the Lexia (so far) and all has been well since DPF removal, so I can only advise you to do some research first. If you do disable the DPF (by whatever means) you will, of course need to physically remove the filter itself. Good news that once the pipe is off the car this is a straightforward job.
Incidentally the car runs better minus DPF.
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
merlin22red

Post by merlin22red »

Thanks for the reply Monkeyfeet I have to arrange for a Citroen technician to look at it this week end, (seems he has all the right software at home) the independent garage use both Lexi and pp2000,
But strangely enough this anticipation of taking a bliddy great hammer to the filter seems to be causing me great excitement.
but sick at the possible wasted purchase of a tank and additive
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If it's a mk1 C5 the FAP ECU is located on the inner sill at the rear passangers door area, cant remember which side off hand but i think its the same side as the fuel cap. Just pull up the rear door seal & pull the carpet back a bit & you will see it, just a small black box & is held on by a 10 mm bolt.
merlin22red

Post by merlin22red »

I will take a look when the sun turns itself on again tomorrow, and yes I think it's a Mk1 2002 2.2 sx , thanks for the reply it's a great help
merlin22red

Post by merlin22red »

wheeler wrote:If it's a mk1 C5 the FAP ECU is located on the inner sill at the rear passengers door area, cant remember which side off hand but i think its the same side as the fuel cap. Just pull up the rear door seal & pull the carpet back a bit & you will see it, just a small black box & is held on by a 10 mm bolt.

Eventually found the little beggar it was hiding under the glove box, now had a Citroen garage technician look at the wreck, it seems I have a bone idle ecu,that refuses to wake up, so i guess it's a new ecu or ECUsafe and a great lump hammer to the particulate filter.