Uprated Headlamp Bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Linegeist -
Forcing air through the lamp housing also means forcing dust/dirt through - which in short time makes the reflector less effective [:D][:D][:D]
The bulbs also gets contaminated - result is a raising temperature in the bulb - and lower service life [8D]
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I stuck four vision plus in the old ZX and what a difference, could actualy see where I was going at night, the ZX fell victim to the wire worm and would have been a test failure so took it off the road, shifted bulbs over to xantia and was a bit surprised to find they didn't make a huge difference, why? well the ZX had buggered reflectors and naff bulbs, the xantia must allready have had reasonable bulbs and had (and still does have) good reflectors.
Wiring direct to the battery with heavy cable to increase light output will very likely reduce the life of the bulb, to get more light out the fillament has to get hotter, and there in lies the problem.
Adjust your headlights properly, don't allow them to dazzle oncoming traffic, if you dazzle someone who'e eyesight is allready impaired, or simply dazzle a complete idiot, you could end up having a head on with them, hands up who wants one of them.
Dave