Synergie speedo.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

racingraymond

Synergie speedo.

Post by racingraymond »

My 1998 Synergie 1.9td has gone a bit haywire,the speedo has stuck at about 45mph but previously when I was driving it was showing a very much faster speed than I was actually doing,it was very slow to go back to zero when I stopped moving and has now stuck,the rev counter was not working when I bought the car and the needle is stuck fully around,the speedo is electrically operated not cable.I understand there are sensors for the speedo and the rev counter can anyone tell me where they are located and wether that is likely to be the fault,also how do I get the speedo and rev counter needles back in their correct positions ?
Any help would be appriciated.
Cheers.
thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Re: Synergie speedo.

Post by thatfatbloke »

Sorry can't help with your problem,but a 14lb sledgehammer will get the needles back in position. When we got our Synergie over five years ago the rev counter was all over the place and was quoted £600 to remove dash and fix it. Needless to say the rev counter is still all over the place. The immobiliser keypad was in the glovebox,and still is. Most of the 'minor' electrical items have at some point died then come back to life,then died again. The latest item to croak is the clock,and that hasn't worked for about six months now even with a sharp blow to the left hand side of it which normally worked,so doubt if that will return. Some might call this 'character'. Hmmm,I call it Citroen electrics.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.
racingraymond

Re: Synergie speedo.

Post by racingraymond »

I have tried that method in the past,never really solved the problem though :-D