synergie battery problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

synergie battery problems

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys 8-) i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as my synergie is draining the battery for some reason......... :? last week the car made a clicking sound when i turned the key then started when i turned the key again.drove the car all day. was fine then it made the clicking noise again and broke down after i dropped the kids off at school :x luckily there was a car spares shop near by.i replaced the battery and it fired up straight away.its been fine for a week then made the clicking noise again then started then wouldnt start again. :( any ideas guys?........ ive took the battery off to charge to see if it will fire up tomorrow.
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: synergie battery problems

Post by Lighty »

cant see any conclusive proof that it is the battery, you need to get it tested. Could be the starter motor, and its just a coincidence that swapping the battery cured it.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Also worth feeling the battery cable terminals after starting, to feel for any heat, which would point to poor connection/continuity at that point.

Could be the starter solenoid, probably piggy backed on to the starter. In effect this is a heavy duty relay, and the contacts deteriorate over time. Not sure how easy it is to get inside a modern solenoid
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I've had a similar problem on mine, very slow starting especially in below-zero temperatures.
Bought another battery that seemed to cure it - for a while until the weather turned colder.
The battery was OK, just too much of a load to start the car then too many short rips that doesn't restore the energy drained in starting.
Currently swapping the batteries back and forth periodically but have been told of a local auto electrician that will rebuild the starter for a reasonable price.
Now the weather is a bit warmer will check all the cables and connections too.
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers for the replys guys. i had the battery on charge overnight which i thought would be sufficiant to charge and start the car but when i tryed it this morning i got the same click and dimming of the dash lights i got before :? me thinking my battery charger was knackard lent a charger and put it on charge but within 20 minutes its saying the battery is fully charged.ive got another car im planning on trying both the old battery and new one on to rule that out.is there any heavy duty relays or sumit similar that can pack up? i jusst need the car back on the road asap as i need it to pick the kids up.can the starter be tested off the car? cheers for the relpys guys. 8-)
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

just wanted to say thank for the replys guys and it is now fixed.bad battery earth lead. :evil: