xantia trailing arms

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

les
Locked user account

xantia trailing arms

Post by les »

hi all i have a mk1 xantia that has a nasty creak at the rear also tyre wear is uneven on inside edge after looking through the forum i guess this is the trailing arm bearings i plan to have a go at these at the weekend before starting i need to know if the bearings require a press to put them in i have only basic garage equipment also car needed sunday night so did not want to get stuck and be unable to finish the job regards les
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Re: Xantia trailing arms

Post by rory_perrett »

Not much of a press fit. The hardest part of the job is getting the old race out of the arm. If you have access to a welder, running a bead of weld round the race makes the job so much easier. Put the new bearings in the freezer overnight so they are nice an cold when you fit them.

Rory
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Xantia trailing arms

Post by citronut »

i dont run a bead of weld all the way round the outter race just two shotr runs of mig at opposite sides, this is usualy enough to not only heat the race up but also gives you something to drift it out by,

the only thing you dont get in the overhall kit's is the shim washers, there is usualy one or at least the remains of one in each arm,

citroen do sell these in assorted packs,

regards malcolm