MAF Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

MAF Fault

Post by rory_perrett »

Second of 3 faults on my Xantia Hdi Exclusive I can’t clear now I have got a Lexia.

P0100, flow meter signal, short circuit to negative.

I have had a problem for a while that appeared to be MAF related (see here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... &hilit=maf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) . Eventually by positioning the wire to MAF plug in a certain way finally seemed to get rid of the “driving itself” problem. Thinking that it might be a broken wire near the plug I replaced about 200mm of the loom from the plug. Car still running fine, 55 mpg, but fault still remains. Anyone got any ideas?

Rory
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: MAF Fault

Post by DickieG »

On a similar theme I came across a similar loom fault on a Xsara HDi which I sorted by soldering in a new section of wiring. I also recently had a faulty MAF on a Xantia HDi, the car apparently ran OK but replacing the MAF with a new one sorted cleared the fault. If I'm not too far from away you're welcome to try some parts substituion.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

DickieG

I'm near Leeds. I've got a couple of MAF sensors for the Xantia both of which show the fault. Could borrow the one of the wife's Xara HDi as well probably. I know its not the same part number but it might tell me something.

Rory
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Leeds is a bit far as I'm just to the west of the M25! The best bet is to substitute parts if you have them available as it can save a lot of messing around and save loads of time/money.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH