Time for a change??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tooly48

Time for a change??

Post by tooly48 »

Hiya folks. Im think bout changing my xpic 2.0hdi. For something bit newer. Cant decide whether go for c5 tourer or c4 grand pic diesel of course. What are you thoughts on both??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Time for a change??

Post by Peter.N. »

Having driven hydropnumatic Citroens for the last 20 years or more I find anything with springs has dreadful ride so when I have to replace my XM the only logical substitute would be a C5 although I don't think they are as well made as the XM but its hobsons choice.

Peter
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Had a Xsara Pic once, for 3 whole years. 2.0Hdi with the big sunroof. Logical, sensible, economical, reliable, comfortable, but uninspiring. Last year I decided to get rid of the 13 year old Synergie and the excellent SAAB 9-5 Estate (that replaced the Pic) that I had for 6 years, and get a C4 Picasso. The new Picasso is logical, sensible, economical, but still a bit uninspiring. Two cars into one, a win perhaps.

After a lot of looking around, and finding a lot of pretty rough 2 years old Picassos out there, I chanced upon a C5 Tourer that was 15 months old and perfect for my long distance needs. So - I kept the Synergie, we still have a basic C3 as a town car, and got the C5. LIke many older Citroen owners I had wanted an Exclusive, but ended up with a VTR+Nav that the original owner had added loads of options to. The steel springs are pretty well sorted, not at all harsh and the ride is much better than I expected. You get a full size spare wheel as well (spares of any size seem to be an optional extra on most Picassos, as is the basket to fit it under the boot, and on ones with self levelling reare suspension the only place for the spare is on a passengers lap) The C5 seems to be the better car for four people to travel long distances in quiet comfort, but of course less verasatile. My children are 15 and 18, and I kept thinking "would they be comfortable for 600 miles in the back of Picasso?" Maybe, maybe not, but the back of the C5 is excellent.

Perhaps your best answer is to narrow down some variables - like you have said it must be Diesel - then let the car find you. Had I found a perfect Picasso before I saw the C5, then it might have been different.

Sent from my desk using the conventional input methods of a keyboard and mouse (that sort of detail looks to be important to you).
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
tooly48

Post by tooly48 »

thanks for replies folks, my xpic is the exclusive, dont know if i could live with less lol, the more i look at the 2008+ c5 the more it moves me, little thing (or is it??) like no spare wheel is bugging me with the grand pic.