Xantia Picasso Educate me!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DannyB

Xantia Picasso Educate me!

Post by DannyB »

Any Good,

After spending a bit of cash on my ZX 1.9Td i have decided its time to find something with a MOT as it needs a bit for the MOT that said it has been a brilliant car would recommend one to anyone that likes to work on there own cars etc.

The better half really wants me to get a early Picasso and i can see where she is coming from we love camping and have 2 kids so it makes sense, Anything problems with these cars, DIY freindly? and is the HDi engine reliable as i travel 50 miles a day

Cheers for any help
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Picasso Educate me!

Post by Xaccers »

Xsara Picasso :)
A Xantia Picasso would have been awesome, mostly because it would have had suspension rather than just iron girders of the early Xsara Picasso.
Dad had a 2.0 90hp and it was as flat as a pancake.
Bloody awful thing that I hated going in.
I found it felt very top heavy going around corners.
The back seats are designed for 10 year olds or midgets with the head rests digging uncomfortably into my shoulderblades and I'm 5'10 and a half.
He never had any trouble from it and would commute several times a week from Leighton Buzzard to Vauxhall in London.
Some one went up the back of him at a zebra crossing and wrote it off.
He's now got a 1.6hdi exclusive picasso, the ride seems to be a bit more comfortable and the engine is much more responsive, and more economical if I remember correctly.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
DannyB

Re: Xantia Picasso Educate me!

Post by DannyB »

Xsara thats the one lol