My Synergie dashbard lights are going out!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paul in normandy

My Synergie dashbard lights are going out!

Post by paul in normandy »

Our 1996 Synergie Td dashboard lights have started going out - the mileage display has not worked since we bought it a few months ago, and the exterior temperature one has gone out now. Some of the climate control bulbs have also gone.
I shall probably buy the bulbs in bulk off Ebay - can anyone help with what type of bulbs I need - I don't want to take it to bits to find out the type of bulb then wait a week for the delivery to turn up.
Don't suggest going to your local car accessory shop - hereabouts I might have to part with an arm and a leg for a dozen bulbs!
1991 BX Millesme Diesel, 1999 Citroen Saxo diesel, 1985 Visa Cabriolet, Citroen C15 pickup,1991 Hymer B534 camper with Peugeot J5 power, 1999 Isuzu Trooper, loads of mopeds!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: My Synergie dashbard lights are going out!

Post by myglaren »

Wait a bit for Jim to spot this, he knows the right bulbs and sources.
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

'98 TD SX. I recall one of my climate control ones went a year or few ago: not too bad a job, I think you pop out the ashtray by pushing down the lid when vertical - then you find one of the fixing screws. Went to my local friendly dealer who said the bulb was discontinued but offered an equivalent which worked OK. Just rooted out the receipt - 2008 so much longer than I recalled. If I picked the right one, it was Bulb Holder part # 611256, Bulb part # 6216*6 The * is a 0 or a C, printing a bit odd. Cost me £2.34 all in then.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
MPV

Post by MPV »

The climate control temp bulb goes quite frequently. You will need to remove the ashtray, AND the gearstick gaitor surround. The surround is a diamond shaped piece of plastic at the bottom of the gaitor. Give it a pull and it will pop off, revealing torx screws underneath. Then it's a matter of carefully prizing off the climate control facia.

Bulbs in the dash are not too hard to change. Most of the screws are quite obvious. There is an odd conical plastic screw you must not forget, but otherwise it's ok.
Synergie XUD9 - the "Duck-billed-clatterbus"
paul in normandy

Are the dashboard lights and the ones in the climate control system the same?
If they are I will have a look at the climate control bit to see what I am up against and or need to buy.
1991 BX Millesme Diesel, 1999 Citroen Saxo diesel, 1985 Visa Cabriolet, Citroen C15 pickup,1991 Hymer B534 camper with Peugeot J5 power, 1999 Isuzu Trooper, loads of mopeds!
MPV

Post by MPV »

There's only one in the climate control. It has a black base and twists in. The ones on the dash are different.
Synergie XUD9 - the "Duck-billed-clatterbus"
paul in normandy

Finally got round to doing this job today, many thanks to those on the forum who gave help and advice - I don't think I would have found the screw underneath without you!
dogdog

Post by dogdog »

Hi Paul, did you fix the light for the outside temp on the dash. If so what bulb was it as mine has gone also. Many thanks for any help.
paul in normandy

I did change them, but I honestly cannot remember what sort they were, only that the local car accesory place had plenty of them.
Sean602
Location: Roslin -yes the one with the chapel in Dan Browns book.
My Cars:

Post by Sean602 »

12v1.2w capless "286" they may be in a plastic bayonet holder but the bulb just pulls out you'll get 10 off 'tinternet for the price of 1 at halfrauds

the lcd displays don't produce light it needs the backlight to be working
kissing the lash
white van (turbo, computer and built by Citroen, what could possibly go wrong!)
orange 2cv
blue 2cv( been to the Sahara and back)
red Dyane( in bits)
Skoda (thank goodness there is a teutonic vehicle on the drive)
Stainless Siemens fridge freezer