Anti pollution fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deeks

Anti pollution fault

Post by deeks »

Hi All,

I am new on here so please bear with me if this has been asked before.

I have a 04 C5 2.0 HDI and if i drive straight from cold within a couple of 100 yds it flags up anti pollution fault and goes into limp home mode. After several start ups it seems to reset but then next time it's started from cold the same thing happens. I found out during the freezing wheather that when i run the car for a few minutes until it gets warm it doesn't do this and drives normally so i now have to run the car prior to first journey which isn't good for fuel economy.

Any thoughts suggestions are welcome.

One more problem i have is that i don't have any trip computer when i press the button but everything else works ok.

Cheers,

Deeks
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Anti pollution fault

Post by wheeler »

First port of call is to get the car on a decent code reader to point you in the right direction as to whats knocking it into limp mode, without doing this you could be looking for a needle in a haystack.
deeks

Post by deeks »

Thanks,

Does anyone know a place where i could get this done? i am in leicestershire.

Deeks
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Hi Deeks,

Try this:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It'a a list of forum members with a Lexia code reader. Ability varies form expert to numpty (me), hopefully you can find someone nearby. Don't forget - it's not always just what can be read from the Lexia, it can be very useful to post findings on the forum and wait for advice!
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

As said, a Lexia would be invaluable in helping to diagnose the fault, you could mess around with it forever otherwise.

The trip computer button is a common problem - mine failed the day I bought the car (almost six years ago) (and I still haven't got round to doing anything about it)
The problem is the little contact spring under the pushbutton, it either breaks or becomes distorted and no longer makes contact.
It is repairable but is extremely fiddly. The button lifts out with a pair of very fine screwdrivers or similar.
It is very easy to lose bits.