On 2.2 injectors and seals.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cachaciero
My Cars:

Re: On 2.2 injectors and seals.

Post by cachaciero »

wheeler wrote:
cachaciero wrote:Out of interest what does the special tool look like?, something like a tap on a long rod?
It's like the idea of a long rawplug, a rod with a cross head spilt in it gets pushed into the middle of the washer then a centre piece screws into the middle of it & it expands it which holds onto the washer & allows you to pull it out. Kind of like the slide hammer ends for pulling the Xantia rear axle bearings out if you have ever seen one.
You could improvise with a long bolt thats just fits the hole of the washer & screw it in half a turn enough to grip it, the seal is only copper so the thread should grab it.
Hi wheeler
Two minds... :-) I started looking for a bit of threaded rod ofthe right diameter. figured I would taper the end a bit and it would easily grip in the copper, while doing this I came across a coarse round file, which also tapers.... that'l do thought I :-)
The proper Citroen job sounds like a bit of technical overkill, bet it costs' an arm and a leg too.

rgds cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: On 2.2 injectors and seals.

Post by wheeler »

cachaciero wrote:
The proper Citroën job sounds like a bit of technical overkill, bet it costs' an arm and a leg too.
My description probably makes it sound more complicated than it is, I suppose its less risky than screwing something threaded into a hole in the cylinder head & also no chance of any swarf. The tool comes as part of a kit that contains various other tools like the seat cleaning reamer, i would imagine it costs a few quid.