97 Xantia Blower Motor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnway
My Cars:

97 Xantia Blower Motor

Post by johnway »

Hi all,
It has been quite a while since my last post/reply so I thought I would raise an old chestnut which has just afflicted my lady friends' Xantia. It has aircon fitted as std (auto temp control) but is out of gas - should not affect this posting though I think! The problem is the blower. One day she turned on the heater and no blower powered up. The next day I fired the car up and turned on the heater (i.e. pulled the control lever to HOT) and the blower BLEW it's little heart out. Today she reports that the heater and blower are not working again....oh boy....is it a transistor or control board problem? The engine warms up so there is a heat source. All opinions/ideas/links etc gratefully received,
Regards,
John.
My chariots : 2002 Pug 406 110 HDI Executive Estate 138K
1995 Citroen AX 1.0 Debut 26K
I Blame it all on my Dad!! (Sadly had to give up driving & his 2nd BX) but Mum still has a C1.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: 97 Xantia Blower Motor

Post by citronut »

first check is if the heated rear screen powers up at the same time the blower does not, if not its the ignition switch,
mine is intermitent, and if it doesnt come on when i ask it to, i find rocking the key slightly each way a couple of times usualy gets it going,

regards malcolm
johnway
My Cars:

Re: 97 Xantia Blower Motor

Post by johnway »

Thanks Malcolm, I will try your suggestion tomorrow.
Regards,
John.
My chariots : 2002 Pug 406 110 HDI Executive Estate 138K
1995 Citroen AX 1.0 Debut 26K
I Blame it all on my Dad!! (Sadly had to give up driving & his 2nd BX) but Mum still has a C1.