Xsara Picasso problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CraigW
My Cars:

Xsara Picasso problems

Post by CraigW »

Hi guys,

Last week I bought a 2004 Xsara Picasso (1.6 HDi Exclusive), and had it serviced by the dealer before I collected it. I now have a couple of issues, which I am hoping there are common fixes to try before having to drive all the way back to the dealer (which is a fair distance for me!)

There was a fault display for ESP/ASR and ABS, but this was fixed when I picked it up. But in the last couple of days the warning for ESP/ASR has been coming up randomly while driving. The ABS warning never comes up, yet from basic testing (high rev, clutch up) the traction control is still functioning, and so is ABS. Throwing a car around to test the ESP isn't really something I want to test, so no idea about that one.

Also, cruise control is not working and hasn't done since I bought the car. I can't seem to find any kind of fuse for it, nor is it mentioned in the handbook. Apparently when turning it to 'on', "cc ---" should come up on the dash, but it doesn't. I've tried this at well over 60mph in 5th. Could these two be linked, e.g. a dying sensor or something?

When idling without being in gear or pulling away in 1st, if I push the accelerator the car 'judders' up to a certain point then it's just like revving a 'normal' engine. The juddering is very noticeable in the cabin. The only way to avoid it is to bring the clutch up half way while revving, which seems to cure it.

Apart from that, it's a lovely car. Just the little things that are annoying me so far!

I look forward to any help or suggestions! Thanks in advance.

Craig :)
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso problems

Post by Lighty »

Sounds like you have a bundle of problems there. I take it you purchased from a dealer, as you mention the service.
Doubtful that anyone is going to help much without plugging into Lexia first, the 1.6 is quite technical.If the engine does not perform as it should, this often triggers an esp/asr fault, but its odd you dont have the engine mil light on with the message injection or engine fault. I would run back to the dealers if it is under some kind of warranty.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
CraigW
My Cars:

Post by CraigW »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the car is under a 3 month warranty (or 3000 miles, whichever is soonest). The thing is, I don't mind driving back if I have to, but I would like some knowledge of what to tell them I want fixed. I was thinking if I have a rough idea of what it could be, then maybe they won't try and fob me off?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

also the judder could be very expensive to sort as it will have a DMF (dual mass flywheel if its the HDI 110 or upwards :evil: :evil:

regards malcolm