Berlingo DW8 gearbox BE3/BE5 Dispatch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ito

Berlingo DW8 gearbox BE3/BE5 Dispatch

Post by ito »

Hi, I am running a Dispatch van with a DW8 (1868cc) engine, my query is this: Does the Berlingo have the same gearbox? I have an hydraulically operated clutch, noticed that the Berlingo is cable, but the Peugeot 206 using the same engine is hydraulic. Are all the Berlingo's cable operated? what is the difference between a BE3 and a BE4 and are they interchangeable? Did the BE3 come in cable/hydraulic models, I noticed that in the hydraulic version there is no hole for the cable system. The driveshafts look the same also. Anyone know? thanks, Sam
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Berlingo DW8 gearbox BE3/BE5 Dispatch

Post by spider »

Cannot really help with specifics although I can tell you that the DW8 206 is hydraulic but *only* the majority of right hand drive models, left hand drive models are cable ( as its a mighty short and straight cable :D )

Dispatch / Berlingo are the same van in effect, apart from some badges and trim etc. Like for like should be the same, ie same engine Dispatch = same as Berlingo although it might be a year thing, sometimes Citroen get the 'later' stuff first and sometime Peugeot...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG