Rear wiper fix for Xantia Estates.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Rear wiper fix for Xantia Estates.

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I am not clamming this to be my own but I found the answer on the Citroen Club Website.(Cheers Rob)
after a long time of looking for the problem as to why my rear wiper would only work when it wanted to
on my xantia S2 Estate.
if you remove the motor unit and then remove the blue relay prize off the housing of the relay and turn the PCB board on the
bottom upwards and look at it with a magnifying glass jiggling the board back and forth may well reveal broken solder joints
where the relay pins connect to the board, solder the joints again and put it all back together.
I had a spare relay from the scrappy which was broken like this and so was the one in the car, I soldered one of them put it in
the car and the wiper works beautifully now I also think it had something to do with the connections on the rear door lock mechanism as this is not sticking anymore like it use to. I couldn't find the fix on here so I thought I'd post it anyway. :lol:

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I wrote that up a couple of years back, with pictures. The problem stems from a combination of poor design and stupid f***ers slamming the tailgate. Gently does it fine.

EDIT: Pictures were not posted on this forum, it seems.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=28999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
Delay_Dry_Joints.JPG
Delay_Bracing.JPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Rear wiper fix for Xantia Estates.

Post by CitroJim »

I wrote exactly this in my Citroenian Xantia Files column a good few months ago now, along with the identical fix for the pink headlamp washer relay; it suffers the same problem exactly.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Remind me never to get my pink headlamps dirty, then - one problem area is enough...

Did you strap/brace it with sheet brass like I did?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Remind me never to get my pink headlamps dirty, then - one problem area is enough...
You mean to say that Aussie spec. models don't have pink headlamps :shock: You don't know what you're missing....
addo wrote:Did you strap/brace it with sheet brass like I did?
No, just did a proper job of resoldering the bad joints... Something the original maker seemed incapable of doing :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...