Xantia footwell vent cable missing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Xantia footwell vent cable missing

Post by red_dwarfers »

This is something I've been meaning to get around to on the Xantia for ages now, the cable that controls the footwell blower vent is missing and I can't work out where it's supposed to go to, any ideas?
I've a feeling that the dash must have been out at some point and not quite put back right!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia footwell vent cable missing

Post by CitroJim »

Kev, do you mean the one that operates the top flap as shown by the red arrow in the picture below, or the one shown by the green arrow that operates the blue flap?

Both are absolute sods with the dash in place but just and just doable if you have girly hands. Is the cable there but disconnected or missing completely?

Beware though, it is a 'mare of the highest proportions...

Let me know which and I'll give some more guidance. I've done it and learned the hard way :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Thanks for the photo Jim, it has helped immensely :D

My hands were feeling particularly girly today :lol:

I far as I understand it so far after a bit of experimenting, the top lever deals with the windscreen at the horizontal position and footwell at the vertical. The lower one opens up the passage to the upper lever/flap, always leaving the face level ones open. Is that roughly along the right lines?

Its the top cable that was missing completely, the outer cable clips and all, leaving the top lever at the horizontal position. I've had a bit of a project day today to rebuild a new one out of some bike gear cable and a bit of 5mm metal bar which I made up into some adjustable nipples. Quite a successful day, had to make some changes to the nipples so they look slightly different from the ones in the photo. Quite pleased with myself! Love the sound of the lathe!

Need to sort something out with the missing outer cable clips to get it working properly, I've nicked the one from the recirculation setup so I don't have to delve back into the depths of the dash again. Well I say that. The duct that is just behind the radio has clearly been disturbed at some point, round the back its crunched in bit and air is escaping. I've had a go at levering it back out but as its been like it for so long its got settled. Will require a bit of thinking.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good work Kev :-D I might have a couple of those clips spare from the old heater box. Let me know if you need one or two and I'll go and have a look...

The upper cable being missing on the flap is critical as it really upsets the demist performance...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...