set of spheres? Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: set of spheres? Xantia

Post by Xaccers »

Bonnets are the same, the wings are bolted on, although I have come across cars where some "helpful" person has used mastic as well.
Open the door and you'll see the rear-end bolts, open the bonnet and you'll see the top row of bolts.
Pop out the indicators by gently pushing on their tabs from above and you'll see a torx screw holding the end of the grill's thin long bit, and if you look at the front of the wheel arch there's another torx going straight up which holds the end of the bumper to the wing.

The bumper is also held on by a few 10mm bolts underneath, 13mm bolt (might be 15mm) each end accessed from within the wheel arch. This bolt goes into a captive nut in the bumper. If it's rusted it will strip the nut free so you will have to pry the nut out of it's hole carefully. Then stuck a bolt through from the other side of the hole, epoxy it in place and use a nut when you re-fit it to the car.
If memory serves there are a couple of bolts along the top once you've removed the grill (I also seem to recall a couple of torx through the grill, not just the plastic pegs on the top).
Then the bumper pulls off forward, directly away from the car.
The wiring for the fog lights detatches with a press clip.

Check the state of the rad and horn etc while you've got the bumper off.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
scr8pdo

Post by scr8pdo »

Thanks mate ^
1997 2.1 Turbo Diesel Xantia SX
scr8pdo

Post by scr8pdo »

Decisions, decisions, I have collected the 1.9 and just drove it back down the M62, yeah it does feel a damn sight slower at first, the brakes need more pressure but I assume its down to the different set up, other than that, it has done a fair few miles compared to the 2.1, the 2.1 has 109k and the 1.9 has 185k, the 1.9 was the last of a fleet of 20 Xantia taxis, the owner is a mechanic (old school) he has serviced it relentlesly and had a new clutch, new waterpump, timing belt, turbo, spheres, tyres etc etc, the bodywork is straightish but patchy.

But one has to go, are the suspension spheres the same on the 1.9 as the 2.1? Iam still in 2 minds but need to make a choice asap, any help would be great, the 1.9 feels sooo much better to ride in cause of the spheres, but if the 2.1 felt the same I would probably keep the 2.1
1997 2.1 Turbo Diesel Xantia SX