set of spheres? Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: set of spheres? Xantia

Post by Northern_Mike »

Simple answer is to buy the 1.9 and sell the 2.1 to me..
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

A 2.1 sx would be almost worthless in bits, just sell it to someone who'll actually appreciate the 2.1 engine as there are plenty out there that do. Or to someone who'll consider swapping the fuel pumps.
scr8pdo

Post by scr8pdo »

How much is a 2.1 worth with shot spheres, needing tyres and a scuff down one side?

The reason I was gonna break it is because I can use the bonnet and bootlid to go onto the 1.9, I know how much I will get for the car in scrap, plus the CAT and the alloys it will make more than I would get for it as it is iam pretty sure, I will see if I end up with this 1.9 yet and go from there
1997 2.1 Turbo Diesel Xantia SX
scr8pdo

Post by scr8pdo »

Right guys, I have won the 1.9 :)

Going to collect on Tuesday, iam going to get the cars side by side and deicde what to do, it seems a shame to break the 2.1 but it needs the spheres plus I can run the 1.9 on WVO cause of the Bosch pump, I may even sell the 2.1 as a complete car with tax and test, but I will be swapping the bonnet and bootlids if they are the same shade and I decide to keep the 1.9, all iam after is to recover the cost of the 1.9 which will be just under 300, I can get that for the 2.1 scrap with the CAT, alloys and if I whip the pump off to sell I would get more, so if anyone is interested in a cheap, on the road 2.1 TD taxed til end of March and MOTed til September the 5th (8 months) I didnt realise :) let me know and i will keep you in mind, otherwise I will decide both cars fates on Tuesday evening :)
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm definitely interested in the 2.1 !!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Activa_Mike wrote:I'm definitely interested in the 2.1 !!
Next best thing to an HDi Mike, no arguments...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote:I'm definitely interested in the 2.1 !!
Next best thing to an HDi Mike, no arguments...
I love the fact I can fill the back of the Berlingo with crap. Mrs P does not love this fact, and would prefer I got something else... I had a couple of 2.1 XMs, I suspect a lighter Xantia goes better than an XM does, though even the XM would cruise at an indicated 120 (where legal, of course, ossifer). Normal driving used to get about 44mpg on veg.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, one thing you can't do with a Xantia 2.1TD is run it on veg Mike. They all have the Lucas EPIC pump and filling it with veg is a death sentence to the pump.

That said, the EPIC is a great pump and you'll see near-50 mpg from it... The EPIC is fully electronic and fly-by-wire.

Most of the XM 2.TDs were Bosch mechanical but some late S2 2.TD XMs had the EPIC pump too...

I say that if you can get near 50mpg from a car running DERV then what's the point of veg?

I'm now getting my coat and leaving the forum :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Near 50 MPG from a 2.1 sounds great! Extra power and torque of the 2.1 but with 1.9 economy :)
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Ahh, one thing you can't do with a Xantia 2.1TD is run it on veg Mike. They all have the Lucas EPIC pump and filling it with veg is a death sentence to the pump.

That said, the EPIC is a great pump and you'll see near-50 mpg from it... The EPIC is fully electronic and fly-by-wire.

Most of the XM 2.TDs were Bosch mechanical but some late S2 2.TD XMs had the EPIC pump too...

I say that if you can get near 50mpg from a car running DERV then what's the point of veg?

I'm now getting my coat and leaving the forum :wink:
Aye, I'm well aware that I wouldn't be able to use veg on it. I did quite a bit of research about it years ago when I decided to use veg in the ZX, Xantias, and both XM diesels I had. At the time, 20 litres of veg could be had for £7 from costco, so even paying the duty on it, it worked out about 55p a litre or thereabouts when it was over a quid. Now you don't have to declare the first 2500 litres you use, the supermarkets put the prices up dramatically. I often just used to go in Tesco and buy 3 litres for a quid. In July 2007 when the rules changed, the price more than doubled overnight. Gits.
scr8pdo

Post by scr8pdo »

I will let you know guys on Tuesday whats going to happen, I havent seen the 1.9 in the flesh yet, if it is a dog, I will swipe the spheres off it and maybe the from N/S door for the 2.1 and carry on with the 2.1, but if the car is in ok nick and the Mrs doesnt mind the drop in a bit of power, I may as well use the 1.9 and swap the bonnet over (laquer is peeling) Whatever happens I will let you guys know if someone is interested in the 2.1, as I say its still tested til September, its just a bit bouncy, needs a couple of tyres and maybe, not 100% a set of rear pads as I thought I heard them grind but the noise seems to have dissapeared today, it pulls really well and it will do 120 without too much trouble, it will tick over at 90 on the motorway, its just I have a massive supply of WVO and I want a car to run it in, if I wasnt so immobile at present (on crutches) I would defo of had a crack at swapping the pumps over and the spheres onto the 2.1 but there you go.

I will report back on Tuesday

This is the 1.9:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170772156476? ... 500wt_1321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 2.1 is almost identical, I did post it a while back somewhere on here
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Assuming your 2.1 is a phase 1 the front bumper is worth keeping. Id like a p1 2.1td front bumper if I could get a white one.

Active mike, was that 44mpg from your Bosch pumped 2.1 xm?
scr8pdo

Post by scr8pdo »

Is there a difference between the 2.1 and the 1.9 sx bumpers then? They look the same to me
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

scr8pdo wrote:Is there a difference between the 2.1 and the 1.9 sx bumpers then? They look the same to me
Yes, the 2.1, along with the MK1 Activa and MK1 V6 have 'fat' wings which influences the bumper fit. They're a tad wider.

Next time look at a 2.1 and 1.9 together head-on and you'll see the difference in the wings and bumpers quite clearly. The fat wing bumper had a deeper scoop (lower lip) and splitter.
Jim

scr8pdo

Post by scr8pdo »

Crikey Jim you certainly know your onions mate or (Citroens) lol, please tell me that the bonnets are the same along with the tailgates (1.9 and 2.1 same year) also are the wings bolted on or welded, could I swap the wings, bumpers over onto the 1.9???