Xantia Temrature

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Xantia Temrature

Post by allanmc »

Hi this another problem with my Series 2 Xantia HDI when I put the heater control to demist a light flashes in the temrature gauge and a stop warning lights, the temprature is normal and the radiator fans are running what could be the problem,
PS I still havnt solved my Battery draining fault which you might have seen for the last few months
allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Temrature

Post by CitroJim »

Allan, when the control is pushed over to demist that will automatically fire up the aircon so by extension there is something amiss there. Does the aircon work when manually switched on?

You say the fans are running? When? All the time or just when in demist? Or when the aircon is manually activated?

I can't speak clearly as to how this all works out on the HDi as I have no wiring diagrams. I do know it's different to all others though as the HDi has no Bitron sensor. Basically the bit of circuit that drives the overtemperature warning light is getting some duff gen and illuminating when it should not.

Does this light come on if you manually activate the aircon?

Sorry for all the questions?

What news of your battery drain problem? Are you any closer to nailing it down?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Jim, the fans just come on when I switch to demist or press on the AC not sure if the light comes on when I switch on the AC will check later, still waiting on the guy with the Lexia getting back, got a Lexia through Dickie G still waiting for a laptop contacted Xac about one he has he,s getting back to me next week, having said that I realy dont know whether I will be able to use the Lexia or not but I feel sure that you guys on the forum will help me with that
Allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Allan, we'll be only too happy to take you through using a Lexia :wink:

You don't say if the aircon actually works.. Just surmise but I winder if the light coming on is because the aircon is short of gas and the Hi-Lo switch is coming into operation and that this light serves as a warning. As I say, just speculation...

Anyone got the applicable circuits for the HDI? I'd love to see them...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Derekofpriory
My Cars:

Post by Derekofpriory »

Does the Temp. gauge work all the time? I had your symptoms and could get the light to flash to order by turning on Aircon, then counting to ten, the light then flashed, turn off Aircon and count to 7 flashing stopped. The problem was found to be in the multiway connector on the nearside wing below the battery, lots of waggling gave an unreliable contact, bridging a wire across the connector cured my problem. Probably nothing to do with your problem but who knows where the juice goes!!
Cheers Derek B.
our car spent Friday afternoon and Monday morning in the electrics area of the Factory!!