BX 1.9D instrument console lights infomation

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

clivetheitman
My Cars:

BX 1.9D instrument console lights infomation

Post by clivetheitman »

having just recently bought my first citroen BX, its a 1991 1.9 diesel meteor non turbo. I am at a total loss to what all the instrument console light indicate, as the car does not have a drivers manual. the haynes manual does not show them either. nothing is showing a fault, I would just like to know what they would mean if any of them came on whilst I was using the car. If anyone could post a description or drawing from the owners manual I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Clive -
Try Bob Smith's BX download page :
http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/
clivetheitman
My Cars:

Post by clivetheitman »

[:)][:)][:)][:)]
Thanks very much. all the infomation I needed. now I will know whats going on if any of these light come on.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

And then you can have loads of fun trying to get them to go out again!
Welcome to the wonderful world of BX's - I bought mine nearly 4 years ago as I wanted something more interesting than a Renault 21.
Its certainly proved interesting - I now have a good knowledge of the functioning of turbos, diesel egines, ABS, Citroen hydraulics as well as central locking, electric windows etc.
Dont get me wrong - the cars are basically very reliable and strong - I bought it very cheaply and it had done 163 000 miles. its now done 190 000 and looks good for many a year yet, especially as its now nicely sorted.
jeremy