BX weatherstrip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

BX weatherstrip

Post by tomsheppard »

I damaged one of the rear door window seals (the one that sits at the bottom of the sliding glass) while repainting the window surrounds on my terribly spoilt BX. My local dealer had one in stock. He still does at £61+vat!
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

What a shocker! I wonder how many years he's had that sitting in the bin. If he ever manages to sell it, it's been quite an investment for him. Any chance of collecting one at a breakers?
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Tom,
In the depths of my back shed I have 2 BX back doors (complete) They are off a 1984 (!) french BX that I scrapped. You are welcome to them if you can't get one from a scrappy. I can't vouch for the condition since tey are buried under a bonnet and rear hatch (in case mine rust!!??). If you are interested reply here with an e-mail address or phone number and I will check them out (they may have perished!) I will only charge £30 ! sorry, I mean 30p for postage - oh sod it, I can't be bothered!! - for nowt!! If you live nearby you can collect the whole door. I live near Loughborough
Phil
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Just realised you live in Soton but I can easily post if you want the seal rather than the door!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thank you for your kind offer, Phil. Fortunately I found a cheap scrappy and emerged with weatherstrip, sidelight holders, bonnet buffer, numerous trim screws and the tailgate lightswitch for £2! so that's another £1,000,000 off Citroen's profits this year!
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

You was done mate!! That's nearly 7 times what I would have charged - is money no object to you????!!
Happy BXing!
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Tom - is that the scrappy you told me about when we met? I will certainly patronise that one when back in Hampshire if it is...
It's not quite as cheap but anyone in South-West Wales would be well advised to try Gillards scrapyard near Neath Abbey for very cheap BX bits, on my personal experience. I got a GTi instrument panel and assorted trim parts recently for a tenner...
David