v6 leaky hydraulic pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dowen

v6 leaky hydraulic pump

Post by dowen »

Hi I have a very slow drip,from the pump. Its not coming from the usual places, pipe union or drain bung, Ive checked very carefully!
So Im going to take off pump, I suspect leak is coming from shaft itself! Is there an o ring or seal? what is involved in stripping pump?

Regs Dave.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: v6 leaky hydraulic pump

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Dave,

Yes, I've known one to leak from the shaft before now. It's bad because it wets the auxiliary belt with LHM and that eats it and makes it sticky.

Pop the pump off, not anywhere near as impossible as it looks :wink: and nip up and see Martin at Pleiades and he'll make it all better.

Are you happy removing the pump Dave? If not I'll do you a guide...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have seen one case were the pump body bolts had worked them selves loose, i just tightend them back up in situe through the pump sprocket, and it stoped leaking,

regards malcolm
dowen

Post by dowen »

Thanks Jim, I can remove pump OK, but I`m in Halesowen and cant get 120miles east without the pump on the car! My xm is SORN.
Is there anything I can do myself?
Thanks Malcolm, I`ll be well chuffed if that`s all it is.

Regs Dave.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

dowen wrote: Is there anything I can do myself?
I don't know what Martin's secret is with them Dave. Give him a bell and have a chat with him - he may be able to suggest something. On any other Xantia he may offer an exchange pump but V6 ones are in rocking horse poo territory and he may not have one in stock...

Anyway, give him a ring...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...