New C5 Owner With A Few Issues!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alka-seltzer

Post by alka-seltzer »

That's interesting about the mpg you're getting - I've done a couple of fillups with BP Ultimate to see if it helps. Fuel economy is no better it it runs a lot more quietly!

I had Falkens on a V6 Mondeo a few years ago - 452 from memory, with the V tread and they were awful in the wet, so I was frightened off from trying the 912 you have...

I'm getting less concerned with the economy the more time I spend in the car - it's just lovely!

Sounds like fun had with our daughter - I remember trying the handbrake on an empty snowy road just after I'd passed my test; it was the last time I did it!!!
alka-seltzer

Post by alka-seltzer »

Hi all,

So I finally got around to getting the car in the garage for a once over...

The good news is that the engine was given a clean bill of health, and I was told that it's a heavy car, etc. so the fuel economy I'll put up with. I will however get it remapped when funds allow, which brings me on to the bad news...

I mentioned that there was a noise at low speeds on full lock and it turned out to be a drop link and both hubs/carriers(?) were worn to the point where they could move them about with a pry bar! Had those done and all seems well.

The fuel economy does seem to have picked up slightly with the warmer weather and now I've had it for a few months, I'm really starting to enjoy it's comfort over long distances, and really annoyed by it's lack of useful cup holder and how stupidly small all the little cubby holes are!!!

Nick
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: New C5 Owner With A Few Issues!

Post by myglaren »

Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

That would give the ER doctors something to think about if the airbags went off - "Hey, we've got a guy here who's got a packing case inside his skull".

At least the surgeons would have somewhere to put their coffee while they tried to reassemble a head.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I'm sure they have thought about and there is a sensible solution but my daughter's Rover 75 passenger airbag looks like it will launch a nice walnut plank in you face if it activates.
alka-seltzer

Post by alka-seltzer »

Brilliant!!!
telboy5

Post by telboy5 »

Re the mpg, in my 2010 C5 Tourer 3.0 HDI my best run has been 47mpg and my average is around 40ish mpg,....

Bearing in mind the 300bhp and 460flbt I'm actually quite pleased :-)

I think what shocks me though the most re the mpg figures is when you read the group tests run by the motoring press, they're always a million miles from the manufacturers claimed mpg,...

This is the only car that has beaten the claims made by manufacturer that I have owned in my 20 odd years of driving although that might be down to the remap??