Late Xantia remote fob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Late Xantia remote fob

Post by CitroJim »

sprout wrote: Can the Lexia retrieve this four digit code?
Sorry just seen this...

No, the Lexia cannot retrieve any codes sadly.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

Birdman iirc is the man for codes. I've used him before, nice bloke
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:Birdman iirc is the man for codes. I've used him before, nice bloke
Thanks Chris, that's him :-D I believe you may also find him lurking on the 'bay too...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

CitroJim wrote:Not good :(

The dealer will also be able to advise your radio code too. You'll have to leave it switched on now for a log time (hours) to resent it to enable another go at code entry.

There's an Irish bloke, who's name escapes me right now, who can also supply all codes for your car at a small cost. Hopefully he'll pop up and announce himself shortly...
Cheers =D>

I have the radio code, I thought disconnecting the battery for "x" length of time would have brought it back to life?
BUT
I need to power up and wait?
Current: C5 2008 2.0HDi Auto Exclusive (Ireland born) + VW Touareg V10
Previous Cits: CX2000, BX 1.9L, BX 16V, Xant VSX TD, Xant 2.0HDI (110) Exclusive
Some others: Fords1600E, Capri 3000GXL, Granada Scorpio, Mitubishi Starion Saab's 900, 900 Turbo, 9000 Aero, 2 Jeeps
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

I think so sprout. Sometimes if you put the wrong code in and get lines on the screen you have to press and hold the bnd (radio band, radio selection) button to allow you to re-enter a code.
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

Dommo wrote:I think so sprout. Sometimes if you put the wrong code in and get lines on the screen you have to press and hold the bnd (radio band, radio selection) button to allow you to re-enter a code.
Had just read this in the Radio handbook and you are indeed 100% correct =D>

Well at least my lad will be spared a rollocking on return from school :)

HiFi heaven (well decent sound) restored.

Thanks
Previous Cits: CX2000, BX 1.9L, BX 16V, Xant VSX TD, Xant 2.0HDI (110) Exclusive
Some others: Fords1600E, Capri 3000GXL, Granada Scorpio, Mitubishi Starion Saab's 900, 900 Turbo, 9000 Aero, 2 Jeeps
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

CitroJim wrote:
Chris570 wrote:Birdman iirc is the man for codes. I've used him before, nice bloke
Thanks Chris, that's him :-D I believe you may also find him lurking on the 'bay too...
Thanks you two :beer:
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

CitroJim wrote:
Searching I found some info here: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... es#p287326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The dealer will also be able to advise your radio code too. You'll have to leave it switched on now for a log time (hours) to resent it to enable another go at code entry.

There's an Irish bloke, who's name escapes me right now, who can also supply all codes for your car at a small cost. Hopefully he'll pop up and announce himself shortly...
The Birdman.
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

myglaren wrote:

The Birdman.
Yes that's him, as shown in the link in my post above :wink1:
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Jodyone wrote:
citroenxm wrote:No doubt thats south wales....

Its not uncommon for a locking trasmitter to stop talking to the car.. Despite whats said you cannot get.them to talk without the lexia computer as mentioned above...

Paul
Sadly, yes, south Wales. I wasn't clear- I understood that the best I could hope from a radio ham type was to discover whether or not my key fob is emitting anything, rather than a total fix. If not, at least I'd know it's not worth finding somebody with the magic box.
A few months too late.... but if you're stilling having problems with it, have you tried "resyncronising" the receiver in the car with the fob ? This is different to programming it for a new fob, and doesn't require a Lexia.

The fob using a rolling code system where it transmits a different code each time you press the button. If the fob battery goes flat for a long time, OR you press the buttons too many times while out of range of the car they'll become desyncronised and the car will no longer respond to the fob:
The last codes (rolling) transmitted by the remote control are memorised by the high frequency receiver.
A small discrepancy between the evolving code transmitted by the remote control and that memorised by the high frequency receiver is allowed for (this discrepancy allows the vehicle to be unlocked if the button has been pressed inadvertently while outside the remote control's operational range).
If the discrepancy between the code transmitted and that memorised is too great(desynchronisation) :
The high frequency receiver will no longer recognise the remote control (the remote control commands are ignored)
The remote control(s) and the high frequency receiver will have to be resynchronised
Here is the resyncronisation procedure:
4. Resynchronisation of the remote control(s) and high frequency receiver
If the buttons of the remote control(s) are repeatedly pressed while outside the operating range, it is possible that the remote control(s) and high frequency receiver may become desynchronised.
If the codes become desynchronised then the remote control commands will be ignored (locking/unlocking, deadlocking).
Resynchronisation procedure :
Switch on the ignition
Wait for the anti-theft warning lamp to go out (according to equipment)
Within 30 seconds : Press one of the buttons on the remote control
Within 10 seconds : Press one of the buttons on the remote control
The remote control(s) work as normal again.
N.B. : Vehicle with alarm : The alarm LED comes on for 0,5 seconds (confirmation of resynchronisation).
In other words insert the key, turn on the ignition, and press the unlock button twice. Worth a try :)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive