numberplate lights not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wellie111
New User

numberplate lights not working

Post by wellie111 »

hi just aquired c5 2.0d vtr 04 plate noticed number plate lights didnt work put a tester on them and there is no live feed checked fuses put new bulbs in still nothing i know theese c5s have their gremlins but was just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem or could sugest a cure cheerssssssssssssssssss
Xantidote
My Cars:

Re: numberplate lights not working

Post by Xantidote »

Hi, and welcome to the Forum.

Many of us are Xantia owners, which may explain the lack of replies, though it does seem to me that over the last year or so, there have been a lot more C5 related questions. Maybe us Xantia owners becoming the minority?

I don't recall any previous posting regarding C5 number plate lights, so I guess not a common problem. Unrelated, but on Xantia estates, the wiring loom passes into the tailgate though a convoluted rubber "tube", and the constant flexing when using the tailgate, plus Citroen being a bit meagre with the length of the loom, results in the wires breaking close to where they lead into the tailgate. Any possibility this is your problem? Otherwise, hang on for other ideas!

Good luck - Martin
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
yuginhove
New User

Post by yuginhove »

Hi

Horror story I know but I've heard of this being the body control computer going belly up - no other symptoms and no way out of it for the MOT bar a £450 bill - Citroen trebles all round!

Xing fingers its more fiscally sympathetic

Guy S
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Wellie,

Hope you've sorted the problem. Let us know as/when/how you've sorted it. As Guy says, hope it's not the body computer (or any other).

Martin
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
wellie111
New User

Post by wellie111 »

well thanks everyone for your input i dont know what or where on the car a body computer is so i fed a wire from the side light to the numberplate light. BINGO