cant see in dark. now i have more problems!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andpand
My Cars:

Re: cant see in dark. now i have more problems!!!!!

Post by andpand »

Citroenmad wrote:Did you sort out the cars leveling problem?

Some C5s develop internal leaks which make the car sit down, most commonly at the rear, into the low position. Is the car down at the rear with the engine funning or just when parked? Does the car go into low and high with the manual buttons?

In general the suspension of the C5s are very reliable.
i think i was just trying to justify the lights being super bright but no good as where i live the roads full of pot holes and dips but after looking at the car parked outside work it looks to be as you said level with nose down. the suspention buttons work ok a bit slow not sure how fast they are ment to be though but sometimes it feels like the rear is low when i pull off in the morning to go to work.then again im thinking im not give the car enough time to sort its self out before thinking the worst. i always just leave the car in normal ride hight parked or not should i leave it that way or should i be dropping it down at night ????
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

You can get a caliper from here:

http://www.aepdirect.com/citroen-c5-2.0 ... gory_id=24#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

About £88 each.

Though you could always try and free the caliper off first, might work.

No, its fine to leave the car in the normal ride height position. The car should sort its level out as soon as you press unlock on the key, so no waiting for C5s to pump up to the correct height.

If you press the button to change height it should change quite quickly, or start to chage height quickly, it might take a short amount of time to reach the desired level. The system also does not change height if your foot is on the brake.

Have you tried adjusting the beam of yur headlights down? They shouldnt really be too bright but they could be aligned incorrectly.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
andpand
My Cars:

Post by andpand »

Citroenmad wrote:You can get a caliper from here:

http://www.aepdirect.com/citroen-c5-2.0 ... gory_id=24#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

About £88 each.

Though you could always try and free the caliper off first, might work.

No, its fine to leave the car in the normal ride height position. The car should sort its level out as soon as you press unlock on the key, so no waiting for C5s to pump up to the correct height.

If you press the button to change height it should change quite quickly, or start to chage height quickly, it might take a short amount of time to reach the desired level. The system also does not change height if your foot is on the brake.

Have you tried adjusting the beam of yur headlights down? They shouldnt really be too bright but they could be aligned incorrectly.
thats not bad i was thinking it would be alot more than that thank you il let you no how i get on.
o and iv still got to get the warning yurned off for the tyres as a friend said he could do it but it turned out he cant as the garage he works at dont have a lexia #-o
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

No, they dont cost a huge fortune and should last a lot of years, so worth replacing.

Yep you do need a Lexia to turn off the tyre pressure sensors, there are a good few people on here with one if you fancy seeking out someone local who might be able to help.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
andpand
My Cars:

Post by andpand »

lol i iv got alot to sort out then... caliper drivers side break pads as theres nothing left on that side poss rear brake caliper and handbreak cable as two clicks and thata as fare as it goes lol
and most of you guys are over the humber bridge i supose we are holidaying at filey in march if there is anyone up that way that could help :-D :-D
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

If the handbrake is working well you probably wont get it more than two clicks?
Unless the caliper is well seized but it usually goes on, just doesnt return and come off.

I replaced the cables on my last C5 but they didnt really need it. Bit of a fiddly job and the guide tubes often need replacing too as the handbrake cables get stick inside them. If you cables are frayed or looking old then it might be an idea to replace them anyway.

Unfortunately im miles from you or I could have helped with the Lexia-ing
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
andpand
My Cars:

Post by andpand »

Citroenmad wrote:If the handbrake is working well you probably wont get it more than two clicks?
Unless the caliper is well seized but it usually goes on, just doesnt return and come off.

I replaced the cables on my last C5 but they didnt really need it. Bit of a fiddly job and the guide tubes often need replacing too as the handbrake cables get stick inside them. If you cables are frayed or looking old then it might be an idea to replace them anyway.

the handbrake dont feel to me like its fully off
and thanks anyway mate i dont exspect any help off anyone with a lexia just yet as i could be anyone and i wouldnt ask anyone to come to my house unless i no them lol i need to buy one really i just dont no where to start :oops:
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

andpand wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:If the handbrake is working well you probably wont get it more than two clicks?

the handbrake dont feel to me like its fully off
and thanks anyway mate i dont exspect any help off anyone with a lexia just yet as i could be anyone and i wouldnt ask anyone to come to my house unless i no them lol i need to buy one really i just dont no where to start :oops:
Simple really. I got mine off ebay, I think it was around £100 posted. Download the Lexia disc onto a laptop, instructions are included (even I managed it!) and then its just a case of sitting in the car for a few hours (or days ...) and fiddling to see you you can play with. So long as you dont actually change any settings then you shouldn't really come to much harm with it. Its a handy bit of kit though, especially on a C5 as just about everything is computer controlled 8-[
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10