Quickie question please/steering column control stalks??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Quickie question please/steering column control stalks??

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote: Yes, but the French also find it logical to eat horsemeat, snails and frogs legs :puke:
:rofl:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I am wondering if the socket they all plug into is roughly identical but the switching on each different stalk just relocates each switch to a different position. or maybe that is to easy.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

CitroJim wrote:Late S1 and S2 LH (Indicator/Lights) should be the same Nigel but early S1 ones are different as they didn't have the fogs switch.
Nah...the horn moved from the stalk to the wheel on MK2.... Not to say that a MK1 stalk won't fit on a MK2 - may even find that the horn works on the stalk!
Richard W
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Xac wrote:Tell me about it! I want to know what they were smoking when they decided it would be sensible to put the heated rear window switch on the end of the wiper stalk! :spineyes:
I remember my first test drive of a Xantia before I got the Activa, it was a very late W reg s2 1.9TD, and I remember looking for ages to find the heated rear window button which ended up being on the end of the stalk as you say on here, took me a while!
citroenxm wrote:Ive a Customer with an N reg 1996 VSX, but, it has a Stalk Ive not seen before! It HAS got Varible front intermittent on it in the usual place, BUT the END of the stalk twists to operate the rear wiper!
Mine is just like that, a late S1 '97 VSX, I'm pretty sure it's actually a '95 car though as it doesn't have a cat on the car (or on servicebox), and it has the more simple Bosch pump without the electronics cack.
Prilliant03
My Cars:

Post by Prilliant03 »

Snails and horse meat are both fantastic. But I'll pass on the frogs legs. They look like far too much work for little reward :spit:
98 Xantia HDi 110
02 Aprilia RST1000 Futura

Life is like a sewer...... You only get out of it what you put in.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Prilliant03 wrote:Snails and horse meat are both fantastic.
Snails in garlic - ummm, lovely =P~ =P~

I've eaten horse meat too... Bit like tough beef really... Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse..."

Never had the pleasure of frog's legs though....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Frogs legs? Get some cheapo chicken breasts, slice lengthwise into 1cm wide strips. Place in a pot of water and bring to the boil. Boil for an hour, adding boiling water from a kettle when required. Once the time is up, repeat for a further 10 hours. Drain. Press the chicken to squeeze out any remaining water and flavour. Serve.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

:lol: That sounds very much like the recipe for carp Xac take one carp and two pieces of Mahogany strap the mahogany to each side of the carp, boil the whole lot for 24 hours adding water to cover when necessary.
when boiled for 24 hours UN-tie the fish from the wood throw the fish away and eat the wood. :lol: incidentally since our rulers willingness to let so many newcomers into the country our Northants Lake & river carp stocks have dropped significantly. carp for Christmas dinner [-X [-X [-X

I don't know why so many Brits act surprised at the french eating snails doesn't anyone remember winkle picking at the seaside
taking them home boiling them and eating them by dragging them out of their shells with a needle?
us Brits eat snails to.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.