ebay filter kits for s2 td xant, anyone tried them??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

ebay filter kits for s2 td xant, anyone tried them??

Post by Timmo »

Hey guys,
Festive merryment to all fellow citroenites!
have any of you used the service filter kits available from many ebay sellers??
The estate needs mot middle of the month (jan) and a service, so looked at one of these,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330448062409? ... 1436.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
are they any good?? Worth a go??

Ta muchly in advance!
timmo.
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: ebay filter kits for s2 td xant, anyone tried them??

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

To be perfectly honest a new air filter before MOT time has been the least of my worries.

make sure the brakes & handbrake are good and definitely change the oil & oil filter on a diesel xantia.
I also remove the top of the fuel filter drain the filter housing with a suitable cloth and replace the fuel filter
and fill the excess space with diesel magic injector cleaner.

when you start the engine it blows out all of the muck in the injectors and cylinders. good stuff gets the emissions down to.
don't forget to test your tow bar electrics if you have them & make sure your main beam light works on the dashboard.
and your airbag light doesn't flash continuously.

you could also drop the throttle cable adjustment at the pump end a couple of notches to stop the tester revving the engine to high.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Ooooooh! I like the sound of the diesel magic injector cleaner! Where can I pick some up from??
Its on 150k and according to an every 6k service routine is due, so thought just before the MOT a fresh set of filters and oil will be good! Is running on 50/50 diesel/veg oil at the mo so hope emissions are okay, all lights work on the dash as of today! (Touches lots of pieces of wood!!) Swapped front passenger tyre over as was balding on inside and worn on outside but was an odd trye so think other front had been replaced a while ago pre my ownership, so now 4 good tyres on, (although on the back one directional is on backwards at the mo, will try and get up to a mates wheel shop and get him to flip it over on the rim) is no obvious knocking or clunking either, but does have a boot light out - suspect wiring inbetween car and tail gate, but, to be honest, you never really know what its going to do on the test day! My 16v bx. Managed to survive its test with the abs light Not flickering when it had been on Constantly from the previous mot! And got a shiny new ticket, when I got in to drive home the light came straight on again! Haha! So will be a put it in and see what comes from it job! Local garage are quite good and I may do the usual and wait for it,
Thanks for the other tips, muchly appreciated!

'58 C2 Code
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

any good auto-factors sell diesel magic (red bottle) you could try wilko's if you have one. although it can be a bit pricey there.
I'm running 50/50 veg and dino at the moment if I run 100% veg at MOT time it blocks up the omissions tester and stops it working completely. =D> #-o #-o #-o
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Balls! I was in Wilkos this mornimng! Could have got the wife to pay for it too! Haha!

'58 C2 Code
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Before spending out on this ebay offer, price them up from ECP, GSF and AEP. You never know, it may work out cheaper...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Thanks jim, plan to give the two local factors a ring in the morning, and may even check helfrauds too!

'58 C2 Code