Berling van gear linkage

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Berling van gear linkage

Post by CitroJim »

Activa_Mike wrote: Does replacing the bits make it a floppy one less floppy? Or do "they all do that sir"? I can't remember what the linkage was like on my 98 model 1.9D new, it's so long ago..
On the 205GTi which used an almost identical setup, the major cause of floppiness was the bolt that secures Item 5 to the subframe coming loose and wobbling all over the place. Play in the clevis and its bushes under the gearstick will cause a bit of vaugeness too. Nothing else seems to wear much, even the rubber ball...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dave28

Post by dave28 »

Hi all just a quick update van all sorted the bolt had sheared of the end of the main rod that connects to the gear lever i just took the rod of and got the bolt welded back on hope it last but not a very good design very weak i know that they are different now as in pic three anyway cheers for all your help
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent news Dave :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...